CHAPTER FORTY ONE

Chastity Mckinley

Chastity Mckinley

We remained in embrace for over two minutes. "Addie, I know I said earlier that I don't want to keep apologizing to you but I am going to break my own promise," he said. I am sorry for hurting you. I love you so much, it hurts me each time I see you with Tendai.

"I had wanted to do something special but I feel like this is the right moment to ask," he said.

Grayson stared at me. "Adessa Kamara, will you be my prom date?" he asked.

I smiled and cried at the same time. Yes!

I wiped the tears away from my eyes. Grayson hugged me again. What about Uma?

"Uma wanted me to be her date but I said no," he said. I only want to attend Prom with you. If you were going with Tendai, I would go alone.

Grayson, If you didn't ask me, I was going to go alone too.

Grayson kissed me. He embraced me and kissed me harder then pulled away.

That was intense!

"Let's continue this at my home," he said. I have a boner.

Grayson, I want to but you know I escaped from home and need to go back before mom and dad notice.

"Addie, tomorrow is Saturday, they will probably sleep till late," he said.

"What time do they wake up?" he asked.

On Saturdays, they wake up at 8 a.m but nowadays mom wakes up past nine because of her pregnancy.

"Why worry then?" he asked. I will bring you back by 7 a.m. Right now, they think you're asleep.

I thought about it. It was 9 p.m right now, I wasn't feeling sleepy because I had slept earlier during the day. It would be great being with him again.

Okay, let's go to your home.

"Yes," he said excitedly.

He switched on the engine and began driving again. Grayson kept turning to look at me and smiling as he drove.

He parked his car in front of his home. We both got out of the car.

"Is Poppy around?" I asked.

"No, she went out to meet a client," he said.

"She truly meant what she had said last time about respecting her children," I speculated.

"Nadia and the kids must be asleep," he said. Amber traveled to Brazil for her cousin's funeral yesterday. Dad couldn't be with Enrique and Lucretia because he works Monday to Friday so mom accepted for them to be here with her.

Your mom is nice, to look after her lover's kids.

"It's no big deal to her," he said. She actually likes them, which is why she pays their school tuition.