CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

Oh Soo Bekele

Oh Soo Bekele

Siobhan and I completed our tasks and left the greenhouse. I ordered an uber and went to the parking lot to wait for it. I found Jensen waiting.

Hi, Jensen. You've stayed up to late today.

"Oh yeah, our comic book club was unable to meet yesterday so we pushed the meeting to today," he said. Come with me to my mom's house. It's her fifty first birthday today.

Jensen, I can't. Remember what happened to me on Monday night! I am still recovering from the trauma.

"I am a good person, Addie, I won't hurt you. I will bring you back home myself," he said.

Is Brielle attending the party?

"Brielle is not coming. She doesn't like my mom," he said.

I wanted to tell him that I didn't like his mom either but I hesitated for the sake of our friendship.

Okay. I texted mom that I was going for Jensen mom's birthday then canceled my uber.

David arrived shortly and we got into the Limo.

"David, we are going to mom's house," Jensen said.

Where does your mom stay?

"Shoreditch," he said.

Does she stay at Principal tower? I took a guess because I knew that Jensen's family was wealthy.

"How did you know?" he asked.

I guessed.

"Mom lives there. Before that she stayed at Damac tower," he said.

"Addie, I know we spoke about it last night but do you mind us talking about what happened to you on Monday night?" he asked.

It's a traumatic experience Jensen, I don't want to become sad because of talking about it.

"I won't ask again," he said. My mouth is zipped.

David Jones parked in front of a tower. Jensen gave me a brief background of the building as we entered. "It has fifty luxurious apartments, a cinema, a gym and a swimming pool," he said.

"Good evening, Mr Bekele," a concierge said.

We got into an elevator. Jensen pressed 33 and swiped his card on the reader for access. The elevator door opened into an apartment. Inside the apartment was a beautiful living room. Ivory Opia had expensive tastes. Her rug was Persian, the artwork on the wall was expensive and the chairs were a class apart. I could see the entire city of London through the glass.

"Come see the balcony," Jensen said.

Jensen, the view of this apartment is to die for!

"Where's mom?" Jensen asked the chef who was preparing the meals and drinks for the party. "She went out with her boyfriend," he said.