Chapter 21 ~ Suspicions

Harry's P.O.V:

2 days later ~

I hummed happily, heading into the stadium, ready for the first concert of the tour tonight.

In an hours time, I'd be on stage, something we'd been preparing for, for the past few months.

"Where's Y/N?" I heard Niall's familiar voice ask and I turned around to see him looking at me, suspiciously.

"Shouldn't she be hanging off of your arm?" He scoffed.

Having Niall avoid me for two days hurt enough, but having him act so bitter towards me hurt even more.

"Excuse me?" I asked him.

"She's a part of your life, surely she should be with you at all times for the media's attention." He stated, emphasising the last two words.

"Why would she need attention from the media? We try to avoid them." I told him and he laughed, a side of Niall, I didn't think I had known before.

"Surely she would want their attention, isn't that what this is all about?" He questioned, raising his voice slightly.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I continued, defensively.

"Tell me," he said, stepping closer to me.

"Is she a publicity stunt?" He asked, his question catching me off guard.

"What? No! Of course not, why would you say that?" I exclaimed and he chuckled.

"Harry, you can stop acting now, I know she is, it's pretty obvious actually, now I think about it." He scoffed.

"I can't believe you wouldn't tell me." He mumbled and I shook my head.

"She is not a publicity stunt! She is my girlfriend and I am very offended that you would say such a thing." I shouted at him and he flinched.

"What's gotten into you?" I snapped.

We were in a real relationship now, almost. After a few more dates I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend and over the past two days we had gotten somewhat closer.

"Okay fine, then if this isn't a publicity stunt, what is it exactly? Why does she look like she hardly knows you? Is she after your money? Is that it?" He questioned and I furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

"No, of course she isn't."

"If she doesn't like the attention, then she clearly doesn't want much of the fame, but you said you'd moved in together recently because she wanted her own place, maybe she wants to buy her own place for herself and not with you, maybe that's why she's with you." He snapped and I gritted my teeth in frustration.

"Don't talk about her like that! She's not after my money or my fame, okay? So leave her alone, she hasn't done anything to you." I exclaimed and he scoffed.

"She's trouble and I don't think you should be with her. There's no way you've been together for a year, the way she looks at you now, is like she's just falling in love with you. Surely she should already love you if it's been a year." He exclaimed.

"Since when did you start taking so much interest in our relationship?" I spat.

"Since I noticed that things had changed, you acted like you were just friends at first and it's like your getting to know each other now or something!" He exclaimed, frustratedly, tugging on his hair.

We are, but you can't know that because I know it would hurt you to know that I didn't tell you from the beginning. I thought, however decided against saying the words.