Chapter 31 ~ Misunderstandings

Harry's P.O.V.

I tapped my feet nervously to the sound of the beat coming from the stage where our opening group were performing.

It was an hour until show time and I hadn't heard from Jade in two days now.

I had tried calling, texting and Face-timing and she hadn't picked up any of my calls.

After speaking with Gemma, she told me she was fine and that she had been spending time with her and told me to stop being so clingy, which made me wonder if Jade was purposely ignoring me or not.

Am I being too clingy?

Does she not want to talk?

It angered me that she didn't want to talk and that she'd promised to keep in contact and yet here she was, ignoring me and it made me feel like she didn't even want to be with me, sometimes.

"Harry?" Liam called, snapping me from my thoughts.

"What?" I snapped, without thinking, as he flinched slightly.

"Um- I was just going to ask if you were okay?" He told me, in a questioning tone.

"I'm sorry, Liam. I'm fine." I replied, with a small smile.

I checked my phone again, finding no new notifications from Jade and I sighed, deciding I would give her some space if that's what she clearly wanted.

"She just replied saying she's good and I said we'd visit her once we got back off of tour." Niall said to Louis, after he had entered the quick change section of the stadium.

"Who are you talking about?" I chipped in, curiously.

"Jade, mate." He asked, almost in disbelief, as if I was supposed to know who he was talking about.

"She's been talking to you?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, why? Is everything okay?" He questioned, concerned.

I shook my head, with a scoff. How could she not talk to me? Am I really that annoying to be around?

"No, it's fine." I mumbled, through gritted teeth.

Angrily, I unlocked my phone, going onto Jades contact and sending her a text;

If you don't want to be with me, just say. I would much rather you were honest with me than not, okay? You could at least have the decency to tell me why your ignoring me or what I'm doing wrong or to tell me you want space and for me to leave you alone, instead of ignoring me and texting Niall to let him know your okay. I care about you too, you know. Is this why you went home? Are you in the flat looking for somewhere else to live so that you can leave me? Because I've been used before and I expected you to respect that. If you don't love me, just tell me. I might be hurt, but at least I wouldn't be as humiliated as what I am now.

All the love, despite your behaviour. Harry.

Maybe I was overreacting. Maybe I was being too clingy and that's why she's ignoring me, but maybe I'm not enough.

Quickly, I decided to send Gemma a text. She'd been spending time with her, so maybe she would know more.

"Does Jade think I'm clingy?"

I sent the text, receiving one back within a few minutes.

Gemma:
No, she said your really sweet x

Harry:
Do you think I'm clingy? X

Gemma:
No, H, I don't. I just meant don't suffocate her when I said don't be too clingy, because I know you and I know how much you try, but sometimes you try too hard. Just breath, okay? I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm just trying to look out for my little brothers feelings x