Chapter 23 ~ Making Progress

Harry's P.O.V:

"Jade?" I whispered, shaking her awake.

I looked at my phone, realising that it was only six in the morning, but I couldn't go back to sleep and I just needed Jade.

I decided that instead of thinking about my argument with Niall, I should focus on Jade because she's the one who he has a problem with and she doesn't deserve it. I'm aware of how insecure she is and I told her I would show her that I loved her. I would prove to her that she has nothing to be insecure about and I intended to do so.

"Jade." I called again, shaking her gently and intertwining my legs with hers as she gently stirred awake.

"Harry, get your cold legs off of me!" She exclaimed, moving her legs away from mine.

"Where have you had your legs? They're freezing." She continued and I laughed, finding myself much more comfortable with her.

"I'm sorry, I had them dangling out of bed earlier when I woke up. I can't sleep, will you stay up with me?" I asked.

"Really? I have to stay awake?" She groaned, checking the time before a sigh escaped her lips and I immediately felt bad.

"It's okay, it doesn't matter, I'm sorry for waking you up. Go back to sleep." I said, with a small smile as she turned over onto her side to face me.

No, it's okay. It's just - I'm going out with Sophia later, I don't want to be moody with her." She admitted, tiredly.

"Then go back to sleep, I'm sorry." I said, brushing her hair out of her face that had fallen over her forehead when she turned over.

I felt so comfortable with Jade now, that I would wake her up in the early hours of the morning just to talk which scared me sometimes, because I wondered if I could be annoying to her.

"What would you do if I went back to sleep? You said you can't sleep, how would you keep yourself entertained?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"It doesn't matter about me." I mumbled and she sighed.

"What's wrong?" She asked me and I shook my head.

"Nothing much, really." I answered, honestly and I realised that Jade had moved noticeably closer to me, her head on the end of her pillow, close to being on my chest.

"Can I ask you something? Something that I sometimes wonder about myself and how I come across to others." I asked her, trusting her to give me an answer.

"Of course, go ahead." She said, rubbing her eyes as she focused her attention on me.

"Do you ever find me annoying? Even a little bit? Because I know that sometimes when I get too comfortable around people, I tend to get close to them a lot, maybe even clingy and I don't mean to be that way." I asked, explaining my reason for my question.

She furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head as her hair moved against the pillow, causing it to look slightly messy.

"No." She stated, simply as I looked at her intently for more of an elaboration.

"No?" I questioned and she gave a small laugh.

"No, it's as simple as that." She replied and I sighed, with a small nod, placing my head onto my pillow.

Maybe it was a stupid question, but maybe it's true.

"Harry, I don't understand why you say things like that, if I'm honest." She began and I looked at her as her hand came to rest next to mine, the heat radiating off of us.