Chapter 29 ~ Confrontation

Harry's P.O.V.

"Call me when you land, okay?" I told Jade as we stood at the airport.

I had booked for Jade to fly back to England on a private jet because that way, I was allowed to be with her all the way until she left, meaning I could make sure she was safe all the way through the terminal, instead of being left behind at the check in desk.

"I will do." She reassured me as I pulled her in for one last hug.

"Have you got everything? The keys for the flat and everything?" I enquired and she giggled in response, with a nod.

Her eyes watered slightly as she didn't say much, making me worry at first, before I realised that she wasn't good with goodbyes and I knew I needed to stop prolonging it.

"Okay, I'm sorry, I just wanted to check your okay." I said, with a soft smile as she gave me one last kiss.

"I love you, I'll see you soon." She smiled, giving me a small wave before heading in the opposite direction to board the airplane.

"I love you too!" I called out and she turned around, her laugh audible as she continued to walk away.

"You okay, mate?" Niall asked from beside me.

I looked at him, confused with his behaviour as this morning he had been distant and hardly spoke a word to me, until I said I was dropping Jade at the airport and he offered to come straight away, not even asking why we were going to the airport.

"Yeah, I'm good." I sighed, knowing that this was for the best for us.

"Glad to hear it. Well two months isn't long away, think of it like that." He said, giving me a soft smile.

"How did you know she was gone for two months?" I asked confused, having not had the chance to tell any of the boys yet.

"Uh, well you know, I just guessed." He shrugged, walking away as I followed him back to the car.

"No, you didn't guess, you knew. Tell me what's going on." I demanded, wanting an explanation into his behaviour.

He stayed quiet, getting into the drivers side of the car as I got into the passengers side.

"I overheard your conversation with Jade yesterday." He admitted once we were in the car and out of earshot of the public.

"About her leaving?" I asked, wondering how much of it he had heard.

"Yeah, I heard that part too." He mumbled and I sighed.

"How much did you hear of it, Ni?" I questioned, feeling regretful for not telling him sooner.

"All of it. Every single bit of it. I know you two started out as a fake couple." He stated, monotone.

"I'm sorry, Niall. I know you must be fuming with me and you have every right to be, but I had my reasons." I told him as he sighed.

"I was really angry with you last night and this morning, you know," he began.

"You made me look like an idiot to the rest of the boys when I accused you of being in a fake relationship before and they all thought I was mad, when I wasn't. I knew I was right all of this time." He scoffed.

"Niall, we were in a real relationship when you accused us of being fake, which is why I denied it. I liked her and she liked me too and we tried and now it's more than that. I think I've finally met the right girl." I admitted as he stayed silent, his expression seeming emotionless.

"I know." He said.

"I saw how you were with each other last night and this morning and even though I was angry because you didn't tell me, or the boys, I know you really love her and I won't get in the way of that." He explained.