• 6 • The little war

Mikasa

I sat down where he told me to...Where I would be protected...Where I played Ocean Tides...I played it...waiting before the dock...waiting for the sails to see if he survived...

Flash back

I sat down by the tree were Eren and I always met. After a little while I saw his white horse arrive.

I stood up all giddy and excited. He got off with a soft smile. I ran towards him embracing him in my arms.

"Hey Eren!" I kisses his cheek.
"Hey..."
He seemed kind of sad.

"Is there something wrong...?" I asked.
His face darkened as a heavy sigh flew out of his mouth.

He sat down staring blankly into the river.
"There's something I need to tell you..." He mumbled.
I sat down next to him as I rested my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me.

"I'm going off to war..this Saturday.." My eyes widen in fear and worry.
"W-What...?" I said hoping he was kidding. I took my head off his shoulder and looked him in the eye.

"I'm sorry Mikasa...I'm forced to do this for my kingdom..."
Tears swelled up in my eyes.

T-This can't be...

My eyes watered with sorrow...sadness...

His face lightened a bit. "Mikasa how about you play Ocean Tides at the war house. I promise you safety and my best friend Armin will ensure your safety! You can wait for me at the docks!"

I nodded my head.
I will wait...I will wait for him...

Later...

"Now Mikasa a white sail means some one has survived and a black sail means some one has died..." Eren told me before he left.

I nodded my head.
He gently pressed his lips against mine as I returned the delightful favor and kissed back... "Here.." He handed me the Yin side. He had the black yang around his neck.

It was a necklace for lovers.
"My mum told me to give it to the one I love and when I knew it was her..." He smiled.

He then ran off and a boarded the ship waving good bye...

Now...

I played Ocean Tides as I continued waiting for him.
Armin sat next to me drinking some sort of red tea.

"Your highness the war should be over soon..." He handed me a cup of green tea....

I nodded my head as I chugged it down and continued playing.

After 2 whole days of playing non stop with very little food and water. The sails came...

Armin kept drinking his red tea.
I looked at it from the window...I waited as the fog surrounded the docks and water...

The big figure glided towards the dock...
Please...please...don't be a black sail...

It finally arrived...revealing it's color...I drop the beautiful flute as I screamed.

I dropped to the floor as tears fell out of my eyes rushing like a waterfall.

I kept sobbing on the floor as Armin stood there in shock too.
"EREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I screamed to the heavens as the black sail stopped.

Third POV

Mikasa sobbed to the floor not noticing something else came in besides the black sail........

It was a white sail...