• 8 • Secrets of War

Mikasa

The rain the hit the floor hard scattered on the streets washing the dirt into the drains. As my horse feet clopped into the streets.

By morning I finally made it to the solider camp. There were many tents and men walking around them.

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly letting my nervousness out slowly.
"I have to do this..." I mumbled. Just as always Eren crossed my mind.

I once again looked at the necklace and placed it in my palm. "For Eren..." I said "I may get killed for this but I'll be able to see him again..." A tear started the form in the corner of my eye.

I looked up. Raised confidence and pride and walked over to the Solider camps.

Eren

"Levi please let me do this!" I begged slamming the palm of my hands on to the table.

"Eren you disobeyed the law. Your lucky your not the one to deal with execution..." Levi cleaned his sword.

"Well who does..?" I asked.
"Princess Mikasa Ackerman Shima."
My eyes widen with fear and anger.

"M-Mikasa..?" I asked hoping he was incorrect or I heard him wrong.

"Your lover correct?" He smirked.
I nodded my head as my hands trembled.

"Why..?" I asked.
"Hm?"
"WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO DEAL WITH EXECUTION!??!" I yelled as tears slowly began to stream out of my eyes.

"Cause of what happened in the past! She was forced to make a deal that she can't deny!" Levi yelled.

I stood up on my feet, "That's it!" I stormed out of the room.
"Eren!" Levi stood, "Where are you  going?" He yelled.

Before I could make it out the door. I look at him at the corner of my eye. "I'm going to war..."

I stormed out preparing soldiers for war...

Mikasa

I looked around seeing how disgusting men are...picking at their nose and their toe nails.
Is this how men really think...?

I felt a shiver run down my spine. As I was distracted I accidentally ran into some one.

"Oh I'm sorry!" Said a freckled boy.
"Need a hand?" He gave his hand to me. I nodded my head and politely took his hand.

"I'm sorry about that by the way. My names Marco." He greeted with a soft smile as he placed his hand out for a hand shake.

"I'm Mi-..." I quickly stopped myself realizing that I should say Jeans name and put a deep voice.

"I'm Jean." I saved it.
He smiled "Nice to meet you Jean."
"Yo MARCO!" He turned around to the direction of the voice.

Two other guys came along besides him. "Jean this is Bertholt and Reiner."
I waved as they softly smiled.

"ATTENTION ALL TROOPS MEET AT THE TRAINING GROUND!" Yelled a Sargent.

"Let's go before Captain Erwin blows his top off." Reiner laughed with the others.

We walked to the training ground lining up in a perfect strait lines.
"HELLO SOLDIERS! TODAY YOU ARE HERE BASED ON THE WAR WITH THE ZHENG TRIBE AND THE SUSKI KINGDOM! YOU SHALL TRAIN FOR ONE MONTH TILL WAR BEGINS!"

All of us kept listening as Marco and Reiner kept talking.

"THE PLAN IS FOR HALF OF US TO GO ON BOATS AND THE OTHER TO GO ON LAND! THE ZHENG TRIBE HAS ADVANCED WITH WEAPONS AND STRENGTH! THEREFORE WE BECOME STRONGER WITH THEM! NOW ARE YOU MEN OR ARE YOU WARRIORS?!!"