Chapter Eighteen

Tears rush to my eyes and spill over my cheeks as I stand flabbergasted.

"Uh, they're at Aushe Hospital." The man says and the dial tone sounds. (A/N: made up the name) 

I look around the set and shove the phone in my back pocket. How could a wonderful day, all the sudden go horribly wrong? Is it fate saying me and Louis shouldn't be together? 

I ponder the thought and come to the conclusion no and that I just really need to get to the hospital. One problem....I don't have a ride. I rode here with the boys and Tiarne. Oh gosh, should I tell them? I should. I quickly sprint the rest of the away to Tiarne and grab her wrist and pull her behind me.

"What are you doing? Dani!" She starts mumbling some not-so-colorful words as she stumbles behind me. I sprint to the boys, the tears running down my cheeks as I sob. I run directly to them and stop running, trying to catch my breath as I sob.

"Hey you! What are you doing on set? Shoo!" The photographer says. The boys look over at me and Tiarne stares at me questioningly. When she realizes I'm sobbing she pulls me in a hug.

"DANI?!" Louis screams even though he's just a yard or two away from me. He runs over here and pulls me in a hug. The rest of the boys come over and start asking questions. I lightly shove Louis off of me and wipe the tears furiously off of my face with the back of my hand.

"Lexi and Ethan are at the hospital...barely alive from a car crash." I say once I catch my breath then break back out into sobs again. My body shakes as the sobs rack through my me. They freeze taking it in and they all crush me in a hug. Some tears also rolling down their cheeks.

"Let's get to the hospital." Liam says and we all nod solemnly. We rush over to the car we all took while Liam hollers out why we are leaving to the photographer as we run.

Once we get in the car, Louis pulls me onto his lap and wraps his arms around my waist. I cover my face with my hands and sob, leaning my head into his neck. He rubs soothing circles on my back like my dad used to do when I got upset. Will they be okay?

------------------------------------------------------ 

I run into the hospital with everyone behind me as I reach the front desk."Lexi Witherson and Ethan Somerhalder." I pant. 

She clicks on the computer and tap my foot impatiently and the others catch up with me. "Room 214 and 215." I nod and run down the hallway scanning the door numbers.

210, 211, 212, 213...

214! I knock on the door and swing it open, quietly. I peak in and Lexi's awake. SHE'S FREAKING AWAKE! I grin and tears silently run down my cheeks as I walk towards her hospital bed. She smiles weakly.

"Hey Dani." She croaks. I smile, "Oh Lexi, I love you sister. I have no clue how I'd be able to live without you." The guys burst in behind me and start grinning and happy tears go down their cheeks like me. Tiarne steps forward, "I know I've haven't known you for long, but I feel like you are one of my long lost sisters."

Some tears start to run down Lexi's cheeks and I smile softly, wiping them off her face.

"I'm so glad your alive." I whisper and she smiles. Both of her arms were in big light blue casts. The doctor walks in and smiles softly at me.

"Are you Danielle Brooks?"

I nod my head and she signals everyone to leave. They slowly wander out, probably to check on Ethan and the doctor turns to me. "Hello. Miss Witherson is lucky she's alive. You can see she has two broken arms, they will stay in the cast for month and a half. And for what you can't see, sadly, she is now paralyzed from the waist down."

Lexi already knew this as I see sadness wash over her features. I feel horrible for Lexi. I nod and smile sadly to Lexi.

"What about your stylist duties?" I whisper. The boys do have to go to tour soon.

She frowns, "I-I don't know."

I smile softly, "It's okay. We'll just figure it out later. I'm going to check on Ethan then be right back."

She nods and I walk out, shooting one last smile at her as I leave and close the door. I look to my right to walk to Ethan's room and surprisingly see the boys and Tiarne outside the room.

"Why are you guys out here?" I ask, confused.

"Some old couple is in there. I think his parents." Niall chirps. I frown and clench my fist. The same parents that kicked him out when he needed them most and all the sudden they care for him. They even kicked him out for no reason. I speed walk to the door, shouldering through the boys and ignoring all their protests.

I burst open the door and see the parents staring at Ethan who is unconscious. When I swing open the door, their heads swing up to see me. Confusion crosses their faces.

"I'm his best friend, Danielle. Why are you here?" I say, not caring how harsh it sounded. They glare at me.

"Why wouldn't we be here?" His dad snaps.

"You don't deserve to be here. You kicked him out when he needed you most. Then he finds out the baby's not even his. It's his best mate! So you kicked him out for nothing and left him freaking homeless! And NOW you want to come crawling back and care for him!"

They stare at me shocked. "It wa-wasn't his baby?" His mom stutters, tears coming to her eyes.

"Correct. But all because of a freaking child. You love him now that he doesn't have a child. I bet you would hate him if it was his child. You people are heartless." I spat and whirl back out of the room.

I look up and down the hallway and the boys and Tiarne weren't there. They probably were in Lexi's room. I frown and walk over to her room. They're all talking in hushed tones and immediately stop talking when I walk in. I raise in eyebrow and Louis grins, running towards me. He lifts me up by the waist and spins me around, laughing.

"What Louis? Tell me!" I chuckle and he puts me down.

"Your going on tour with us."

I freeze and drop my jaw, "W-What? Are you serious?"

He crushes me to his chest, wrapping his arms around me, "Yes! You're taking Lexi's job, because she can't do it anymore!" I grin and pull back out of the hug. I look up at Louis, tears coming to my eyes.

"I can't believe this." I mumble. He grins bigger, if possible, "You better. We get to be together all the time now! No long distance relationships or anything!" I chuckle and he pecks me on the lips.

I smile and everyone "Awwwwws." 

Me and Louis chuckle and hug each other.