▸ DETENTION

DETENTION

DETENTION

Thursday 6th of October

Percy trails his lips down to the sensitive section of my neck, across my chest, then back to my lips. His hand slides under my shirt and caress my stomach. I push him and he sheepishly smiles.

"I can't help my wandering hands, they want you."

"How about sitting on them? I suppose that'll stop them from wandering."

Percy pouts but this time, it doesn't work on me.

"I need to do something before lunch ends. I'll see you later, okay?"

"What are you doing? I'll come with you."

"Nothing exciting, so stay here and enjoy the rest of lunch."

Percy gets up, so I push him down.

"I'm going to the bathroom and no, you can't come with me." I shake my head.

"Are you sure?" He grins.

"You're not coming with me."

Percy sighs while I walk to the closest bathroom. Percy is great but I like my space and his kisses make my head foggy.

I rest against the bathroom bench and splash water on my warm cheeks. I dry my face with a paper towel and groan at my hair. Percy needs to stop playing with my hair. I press my fingers against my cheeks and sigh.

Noah comes to mind; his lips against mine and the scent of peppermint and chamomile. My stomach knots and my heart hurts.

I like Percy except the physical contact is new, but I like Noah and I'm afraid he'll hurt me.

We can't be together and I need to move on and be down with it. I like Percy and he cares about me. He would never hurt me like Noah could.

I wander out of the bathroom and there's an eerie silence.

"Oh poop."

I sprint through the school, my heart pounding in my chest. Noah isn't going to let this slide, especially with Percy riling him up. Sneaking into the classroom is pointless because Noah's eyes land on me.

"Detention after school."

Percy's mouth opens, but I shoot him a glare. He closes it, then walks towards me.

"What about cheer practice? This is stupid, you were only late by a few minutes. Maybe you should tell him you were in the bathroom?"

"Don't worry about it, Percy."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, now skedaddle before Noah tells you off."

"Okay." He wanders away and scowls at Noah.