▸NEW ADVENTURES

NEW ADVENTURES

NEW ADVENTURES

Wednesday the 22nd of November

Percy wheels my suitcase downstairs and to the waiting Uber. He tosses it into the boot and I grimace as it bounces against the hard surface. He ruffles his hair and smiles.

"I hope you don't plan on tossing my surfboard around like that."

"No, I promise I won't harm it."

"I love that surfboard, it's my lucky one and it can't be replaced."

"Don't worry-"

"When you say that, I worry more." I scowl.

Percy rolls his eyes while Maddison laughs.

"I'll make sure he's gentle with your baby."

"I'm holding you both responsible if there's so much as a scratch on it."

"Get in the car otherwise you'll be late."

"Goodbye then, I'll see you on Saturday."

I hug the pair and slip into the back of the waiting car. We drive to the nearest bus station which is a couple of streets over. I take my suitcase out of the backseat and wheel it down the cracked pathway.

"Can I help you?"

Noah's leaning against the hood of a silver four wheel drive, arms crossed and a bright smile.

"Noah!" I gasp.

I leap into his arms and we spin around. Noah kisses my forehead, then I snuggle into the crook of his neck and kiss him.

"I've missed you, Charlie."

He pecks my lips and I wind my fingers through his hair and softly tug on it. Noah deepens our kiss and butterflies erupt in my stomach. We lean our foreheads together and smile.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. You can beg all you want but I won't tell you where we're going."

Noah loads me suitcase into the back of the car and among rented camping gear. I bite my lip to prevent myself from asking despite the burning curiosity.

"Would you like me to drive?"

"Are you worried about my driving?"

"Yes." I nod.

"What's wrong with my driving?"

"I'm worried you're going to drive on the wrong side of the road."