▸RESULTS

RESULTS

RESULTS

Samantha chops fruit and tosses it into the punch bowl while Percy spikes it with more alcohol. I don't think consuming this much alcohol is ever a good idea but I need something to remove the nerves of waiting for our final grades.

He mixes the content and pours it into a couple of cups. I take one and return to lounging on the pool chair near the makeshift bar. The warmth from the sun and the cool breeze make this afternoon the perfect time to drink.

Annika and Samantha side on either side while Percy perches at the end of my chair. I stare at the screen willing for there to be a message. I think this is worse than the lead up to the exam.

"Any moment now." Samantha taps her nails against the glass.

I take another sip and wrinkle my nose at how strong the alcohol is.

Our phones jingle and I swipe so fast to be directed to the results. I quickly scroll through the page, only relaxing once I see all passes for my classes, even woodwork.

"We're going to college." I sing.

Percy's smile drops and he tosses the phone onto the table beside the chair.

"What's wrong?"

"College isn't everything."

"What do you mean?" I gasp.

"Or I could spend the next couple of years annoying you at college?" He smiles.

"I can't believe you'd scare me like that." I toss whatever I can find at Percy and the girls do the same. "You're a real asshole sometimes."

"You love me, though." He chuckles.

"You can clean the toilet for that comment."

"I'm not cleaning a bowl people shit in."

"Welcome to the real world." Samantha laughs.

"Yes, welcome to the real world."

"But I like this world so much better!"

Percy reaches for me and I push him away. Unfortunately, he's stronger than me. He wanders to the pool and I roll my eyes.

"Should I bother asking you to not throw me into the pool?"

"No, because I intend to throw you in regardless of what you say."

"Thankfully I'm wearing bathers."

He leaps into the water and I push him away and paddle to the surface. Percy pulls me under the water again, so I whack him away. George and Elle jump in and splash each other which is a cute sappy I can support.