seven

jack+

"how do you feel about me?" I asked soft but serious tone.

"why are we even talking about this? i came here for work" she struggled to say.

i smirked at that fact that she was having a hard time around me. she obviously has some feeling for me or else she would have no problem telling me how she feels.

"i agree. you look nice, for just coming to my house" I smiled.

she looked shocked that I agreed to work.

"you wish, i was out with Aaliyah" she laughed.

"i'm glad you two are still friends. i'm glad you have someone. i wish i was still there for you" I spoke out, meaning everything I said.

if she doesn't care what she says to people then i shouldn't either.

"so did i" she mumbled.

ouch. i know she still does. there's no way she can't. the way she acts and how she won't tell me her feelings.

i mean hannah has never been someone to share her thoughts and feelings, but if she really doesn't give a shit anymore like she says, it should be easy for her to tell me that she's over me.

but she can't, because she's not.

"so, what are we even supposed to be doing?" i changed the topic.

"here, look" she handed me a vanilla coloured portfolio.

"i own a company. why do i need to be doing this?" i scoffed.

i feel like i'm doing geometry homework that i'm dreading.

"why did you buy this company to partner? there's way better ones in the area" she answered my question with one.

"you came here for work, we shouldn't be talking about this" i mocked her previous words.

"this is work though" she added.

"i do not have to tell you my personal reasonings behind my work" i said with finality in my voice.

"you're right. my bad for asking" she looked down.

i could hint some anger and sarcasm in her voice.

hannah+

working with jack is so awkward. i hate it. i hate being near him when we're both so distant.

i walked in my office the next morning to see another desk with someone else's things added to my own.

i stopped in my tracks, shocked and confused to what exactly was going on.

"jello ms. young, nice to see you this morning" he cheekily smiled.

"jack, what are you doing?" i huffed in annoyance already.

"it's mr. gilinsky at work, han" he straightened his suit.

"don't call me that" i clenched my teeth as he stood up.

"right, it's ms. young at work" he smiled and touched my chin.

"why are you in my office?" j asked, pushing his arm away from me.