ten

hannah+

"what's up?" shayla asked as we sat down to eat.

shayla is johnson's girlfriend. i've met her many times because they've been together for a while but i've been wanting to get to know her.

we went to chili's for lunch. and i guess anyone could see how stressed out or upset i look.

"what's up?" she sat down.

"not much, you?" i gave a fake smile.

i don't mean to be fake. i just don't want to be rude or have a serious tone.

"hannah, what's the matter?" she asked, looking concerned.

"oh, nothing. work is just a little stressful" i flashed another smile.

"like jack?" she asked.

"maybe" i swirled my straw in my margarita.

"you can't let jack control your life, their has to be something you can do to keep him away from you at work" she told me with a sigh.

"but he already has controlled my life.
and kyle is making us work together" i sighed.

"kyle? who's kyle?" she asked.

"um no one. just the head of my department" i bit my lip.

i shouldn't have brought him up. i hate being interrogated.

"why are you guys on a first name basis?" she smirked.

"we went to dinner one night but at work he's mr. mendez" I said.

"isn't that your friends last name?" she asked in confusion.

"yes, they are cousins. but she doesn't know i work with him" i said.

"wow, what a small world" she chuckled, "why haven't you told her?" she asked.

"i don't think my employees or work have anything to do with her" i said.

"plus you had dinner?" she added.

"plus we had dinner" i reassured her with a smile.

but to be fair, i didn't know they were related before he asked me out.

"just dinner?" she asked with an unsure look.

"yes dinner, that's all!" i laughed and we finished our food.

"jj told jack he'd like to double date sometime" shayla told me as we walked out of chili's.

i decided not to tell her about jack's little tantrum because i don't even fully know what happened. and honestly i didn't want to talk about it.

"i'd love to double date with you and johnson" i sighed.

"no, he wants to with Jack. you too of course but he wants jack to find someone" she frowned.

"so.. is he finding someone?" i asked, trying to get to the point.

"he told me jack doesn't have someone but he'd go with us soon" she told me.

"so he's planning on finding someone" i said to myself aloud.

"i guess. you should too, go with us before he finds someone" she held my arm in excitement of her new idea.

"shay, this isn't a competition. i wouldn't know anyone i bring anyway" i chuckled.

"bring that kyle guy! u bet he's good looking" she wiggled her eyebrows.

"maybe, we'll see" i pursed my lips.

"i'll text you about it, later hannah" she hugged me and rushed off to her car.

i huffed and walked to my Range Rover and sat inside. i just sat there and thought for a moment.

i decided to text kyle. maybe he'll ask me if i'm busy and i can invite him to dinner with shayla and johnson. jack wouldn't be very fond of it but i've learned he is impossible to make happy, therefore i don't care what he is anymore. well, maybe to an extent.

no matter what jack does or how upset and angry he makes me feel i still somewhat care what he thinks. i hate that i do, but i do.

"j'm so happy that you could make it" shayla hugged me as we arrived to our table.

"good to see you hannah" johnson smiled and gave me a welcoming hug also.

"you too jj" i beamed.

"jack and shayla, this is lyle. kyle, this is kack and Shayla. close friends of mine" i introduced everyone.

they shook hands and greeted eachother. jj was already testing him, making sure he's good enough for me.

"what do you think of johnson?" i asked kyle.

"way better then the other ack" he chuckled.

"i know" i smiled back.

"you're so pretty" he looked at me.

pretty? not beautiful?

"thank you" i picked at my nails while i felt my face heat up.

"did jack ever do that?" he whispered.

"do what?" i faced him.

"compliment you" he said in an obvious tone.

"why do you keep talking about him?" i asked, annoyed.

"just wondering" he shrugged.

"listen, Jack has no interest in me" i told him.

"do you have interest in him?" he raised his eyebrows.

i huffed and exited the building. he is so ridiculous. who mentions someone's ex repetitively on a date? and my friends are there, how embarrassing.

when i got out of the restaurant i decided to go to a nearby fast food place. i never ate and i'm hungry.

as i started to dart someone grabbed my arm.

"what the hell are you doing here?" they knotted there eyebrows in shock.

"jack?! what are you doing here?" i copied his question.

"asked you first" he smirked.

"i was on a date, but i need to get out of there" i said with pleading eyes.

next thing i know jack is running into the restaurant with clenched fists and i'm following behind him.

{ vote, comment, share }