eighteen

hannah+

"i realized that i never loved you in high school. it was lust. well i did love you, but i wasn't inlove with you. we both weren't old enough. and like you said, you never really gave effort or even cared for me. i was stuck in this toxic rel—" i went on.

"okay hannah, okay. i get it. i've treated you like shit. you deserve better than me" he raised his voice slightly.

"you don't get it" i sighed and looked down.

i finally understood how i felt. about everything this whole time i've known jack. and he won't even listen to what i have to say.

"what isn't there to get? you never loved me? you were trapped? i know that hannah. why do you keep bringing it up like it's something new?" he yelled and was now standing.

"i'm inlove with you jack" i shouted.

as he went silent i covered my mouth in as much shock as him.

what did i just do?

"y-you what?" he asked in disbelief.

"um, i'm sorry" i shook my head and grabbed my things.

i can't believe i'm so stupid. how embarrassing. i feel like i'm going to throw up.

"hannah, we have to talk" he pleaded at my car door.

"i have to go" i got out and sped off.

i cursed to myself over the quiet radio. i didn't want to feel this and what killed me was that it was true. i had to hear it from myself. i'm inlove with jack.

i just told my ex boyfriend that i'm inlove with him. and that everytime i told him i loved him before that was a lie.

he kept calling and calling. i just turned my phone off. i can't handle him right now, maybe not even ever. how will i ever face him again.

jack+

i can't believe it. hannah loves me. she's inlove with me. and she was right about everything.

"i don't know what to do" i rubbed my temples.

"what happened, man?" johnson asked.

we went for some taco bell and to talk. i'm just confused and i need my bestfriend. but hannah was probably hiding away all alone.

"why would she leave like that?" i rubbed my chin, ignoring him and speaking my thoughts aloud.

"leave like what?" he tried to keep up.

"i should of just responded to her. but no i had to freeze because i'm so stupid and that probably made her feel stupid" i continued and covered my face.

"what the hell happened?" johnson spoke up.

"hannah's inlove with me" i turned to him.

just saying it made me shiver. not in a bad way. in the best way possible. this is my dream come true.

"i know" he nodded.

"what do you mean you know?" i raised my voice in annoyance.

"i could see it in her eyes, man. i know hannah more than you do" he replied.

"well you must, because i had no clue. i just stood there like a fool and she ran off" i sighed.

"you didn't stop her" he almost scowled me.

"well i tried. i told her we need to talk about it and she drove off" i defended myself.

"you always letting the good ones go" he shook his head and threw out his drink, heading for the door.

i gave him a glare as i followed.

"you really think it's over? like for good?" i asked him from the passenger side.

"honestly, no. any sane person would've been done long ago but you two obviously aren't normal" he turned the music down.

"can you drop me off at her hou-?" i started to ask.

"jack. i don't know if that's a good idea" he said uneasy.

"you were right, j. and i'm not giving up on her. please?" i pleaded.

he sighed as he took the highway and i assume he is now going to hannah's house.

the car ride was silently and i kept rehearsing what i was going to say to her in my head.

"so, what's you're plan here man? because you never like to have one and it never tends to work out well" he asked.

"i want to propose but i don't think that's the next step" i scratched my neck.

"no, it's not" he chuckled.

"what should i say? i've never been lost for word before" i shrugged as he turned on her street.

"just be honest and tell her how screwed your relationship has been since day one and tell her how you feel, everything. no playing hard to get or any of that shit" he explained.

"you're the best" i kissed his cheek with a laugh as i left to
hannah's front door.

on the way to her door i noticed another car for some reason. i knocked on her door with my stomach uneasy, not even sure if she was going to answer

( vote, comment, share)

merry christmas ❤️💚