fifthteen

hannah+

"oh lord" i rolled my eyes and sat in the car.

of course i'm not surprised. he is so ridiculous. i can't have anything normal happen to me.

"you look beautiful, han" he smiled with lust.

"jack, what are you doing here?" i sighed.

"just giving you a ride" he shrugged nonchalantly.

"just a ride? jack, this is a lot of money for a work event" i told him.

"i know what i'm doing hannah" he stated.

i didn't reply. him using my full name implies that i should stop interrogating him.

"thank you" i pursed my lips as he handed me a glass of white wine.

"so how have you been?" he casually asked.

"why did you kick me out of your house that night?" i blurted out.

i didn't get angry or raise my voice, i was actually quite calm. just curious, and a little hurt.

"i'm sorry about that, really. it's just that, i didn't know what to do about my feelings" he gulped.

"i know boys aren't all 'sensitive' but you can always tell me how you feel. no matter how angry i am. together or not. i'm here for you" i smiled and put my hand in his.

"thank you, han. what would i be without you?" he chuckled and wiped a tear.

"a frat boy living with his parents" i shrugged with a chuckle, causing him to laugh to.

"you're right, together or not. love or not. you complete me" he put his hand on my knee.

jack+

we finally arrived. hannah was sleeping on my shoulder and part of me just wanted to stay here and enjoy it. but i did this all for her, she should be awake for it.

"han, we're here" i nudged her softly.

"mmm" she wined and sat up with a stretch.

"c'mon" i took her hand, helping her out of the car.

"why are we here?" she asked.

"you'll see" i put my hand on her upper back.

as we entered she looked so confused. i don't blame her, she thought she was going to a business dinner.

"jack" she stopped me.

"hmm?" i asked.

"why are we in our high school?" she sighed, we were right infront of the gym doors.

"it's right through there" i said and pulled her hand towards the door.

once we entered her face was priceless.

everyone cheered. for her.

"jack, what is this?" she turned towards me with glossy eyes.

"come here" i said and took her hand.

we went to our old spot. the balcony above the cafeteria. we always used to sit up there during lunch and choir class. it was our safe place to just sit over the balcony and be us together.