eight

hannah+

"good evening, mr. mendez" i greeted one of my bosses at a nice restaurant.

"you can call me Kyle" he gripped my arm a little too tight.

he placed his hand on my lower back as we headed to our table.

"this place is very nice" i looked around.

"i didn't want to take you to some trash like in-n-out or something" he chuckled.

that's mine and jacks favorite place. i mentally frowned.

i looked at the menu and faced our waiter when he showed up to our table. he wasn't our waiter though.

"what can I get you this evening?" He clenched his teeth.

"jack, what the hell are you doing here?" i exclaimed.

"you lied to me, han" he ignored my question.

i've excepted the fact that jack will always call me han, me telling him to stop won't change that. in a way i was kind of glad.

"now you guys have nicknames?" kyle asked annoyed. 

"you said you were with aaliyah" he kept his voice with anger.

"jack-" i started.

"i talked to aaliyah. she told me you canceled plans with her. so you ditched your bestfriend an lied to me?" he cut me off.

i stayed quiet. i really didn't know what to say. he was right.

"you know what, my bad. i didn't mean to interrupt your date" he spit and stormed out, giving me a glare and then kyle a deadly one.

"what was that all about?" kyle asked.

"he asked if I had plans tonight and i lied to him about what i was doing" i sighed.

"you shouldn't have to tell your ex-boyfriend what you're doing every second" he told me.

"i know, i'm sorry about this" i stressed.

"hey, it's okay" he held my hands over the table.

i smiled at his nice gesture to calm me down.

we ate dinner and talked and laughed. it was nice. he tried to get me to go back to his place but i kindly declined him. i mean he's very attractive but he's my boss and i barely know him. yhis is our first date and he didn't even want to call it that.

i don't know. kyle is attractive and successful and all but i don't think i could ever see a future for us. and i honestly don't think he's thought about it at all.

i walked into to work he next morning to see jack's desk on the other side of my office. i sighed and set my coat down before heading to the ladies room.

"ms. young" my assistant caught my attention.

"what violet?" i huffed.

i wasn't exactly starting off my morning in the best mood.

"did mr. gilinsky find you last night?" she asked.

"excuse me?" i knotted my eyebrows.

"he was asking where you were for business purposes and i let him know the restaurant you were attending" she informed me.

"you what?" i narrowed my eyes at her.

"he asked and i just figured you two were close-" she rushed to say, seeing my anger build.