Eighth Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

E I G H T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Did someone die?

Well, I don't know about anyone who did then why does Kourt have such an expression on her face that she just saw someone die in front of her.  

She's in a shock, my inner voice said.

'a shock of---'

Of you going to lunch with Mr. Aaron, my inner voice said with surety.

Don't tell me!

'Well, Kourt, even though I don't like your place but right now I'll be glad to come here and switch our places.'

I really didn't want to waste my lunch time with this person.

Seriously! That's the last thing I wanted to do.

The door of the elevator opened and Mr. Only Rude swiftly stepped in. He turned facing towards me and waited for me to get in but I was busy looking at Kourt.

The elevator door started closing automatically, but Mr. Aaron quickly moved forward and put his hand on one side, making it stop.

"Are you coming?" he asked with a frown.

'Where are you going with him?' Kourt mouthed.

'To Hell.' I mouthed back and stepped in the elevator.

He pressed for the ground floor and this time I didn't try to press the button, actually anything.

God forbid! I'm never going to move my body in the elevator, especially when he's inside with me.

After what happened last time in the elevator, oh please, I don't even want to be in an elevator anymore.

"Actually you know what the burger joint I was talking about, you're not gonna like it." I said trying my best to convince him not to go.

"Why?" he said, his eyes on his phone.

"You know it's not fancy." I said shaking my head. "It's not for people like you."

"Do humans go there?"

"Yes!" I said confusedly.  

"Am I a human?"

"Yes!" I replied getting more confused.

"So I can go!"

Oh, Dear Lord!

After that there was silence.

Elevators! Yes! Why didn't I think before? Now I can ask him about what he meant today in the elevator when I got out from it.

It's probably the right time.  

I looked at him and he was on his phone swiping through some pages. 

Before I could ask him, the elevator door opened and few men stepped in.

Mr. Aaron moved at the back of the elevator and leaned with the wall of the elevator.

I moved back too and now the men were in front of us.

"Mr. Aaron, I wanted to ask you something." I whispered.

"What?" he frowned. "Why are you whispering?"

"Are you kidding me?" I whispered once again. "If you're not blind you should know that there are people around us, Mister."