Eleventh Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

E L E V E N T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

It seemed like the elevator was a big shark and I was trapped by it and if I remain near this shark any longer, it will eat me up.

After what just happened, I wasn't able to move out of the elevator. I was frozen to it's floor.

What's wrong with him? What's wrong with his name? What's the reason of such behaviour?

I knew he was crazy, but that was something even a crazy person wouldn't do.

He didn't need to act like this--- act so rudely.

I swear to God. If I didn't want this job, I would've killed him because of his such ill-mannered action.

How dare he push me like this?

I held my finger that I had pointed towards him. It was still hurting. The angle with which it hit with the elevator, is the reason it's hurting so much.

Women up! There's nothing wrong with your finger.

I finally gathered all the courage and all the power I could to move out from the godforsaken elevator, before it closed.

"So, how was the lunch?" Kourt asked winking at me. "Give me the details!"

She's just like Brit, all the time asking for details. I think all girls are like this.

Let me remind you, Ava! You're a girl too, my inner voice rolled her eyes.

'Oh! I totally forgot that'. I replied my inner voice in a sarcastic tone.

"Don't you girls have something to do other than gossiping and knowing every single detail about every single thing." I yelled at Kourt.

I'm so sorry, Kourt. It's all because of him.

She gaped at me, "Why the hell are you yelling at me?"

What?

Ah! That's the thing I hate the most, when you know everything, you still ask, just to have some fun. She clearly wants me to tell the whole drama she just saw, so she can have some good dose of drama for her.

Seriously girl!

"Didn't you see what happened in the elevator?" I yelled once again.

"Ava, stop yelling at me." She yelled back.

I really don't want to start this fight with her too. I just had enough yelling for today. My vocal chords are going to burst if I took part in this brawl too.

Kourt moved up to me, "Let me remind you, we can't see inside the elevator when it's closed, unless it's a glass elevator."

"So, you didn't listen anything or saw anything?" I asked, my voice barely audible.

"What happened?" She asked stroking my forearm. "Did he say something to you?"

I shook my head, not looking at her.

"Don't tell me he fired you!" She raised her brows.

I passed her my deadly glare.

"Then what is it?" She insisted.

I really didn't want to share this with anyone. I'm just glad she didn't see anything.

"I'm okay. Nothing happened." I said with a fake smile.