Twentieth Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T W E N T I E T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

AVA'S POV

One hour passed--- still locked inside this damn office. It wasn't suffocating me. The only thing suffocating me was this very question; why did he do it? I was fuming with anger and I couldn't wait for him to come, so I could bash his head and make a plump of it with constant punching. 

Two hours passed--- still locked inside. Sent me a message to piss me off more. He really was doing it on purpose. I was seated on the couch, facing the door and I was now a bit--- sad. Like I wanted to cry. Only because I was helpless. There was nothing I could do to escape this place. I hated it when someone did this to me--- when I had to depend on someone. In this case, I had to wait for him to come and open the door, so I could leave.

Even though I had completed all the work that I was supposed to do weeks later, he still didn't open the door. How knew how much I wanted this job, this job was an essential part in my dream, and that was the only reason that I was still working for this mad men. All this time wasted here, locked up, I could be in the training club with my fellows. 

My reverie got broken, when the door finally opened. It felt like I was kidnapped and finally I was going to get free. I saw him coming in, looking fresh in his black jeans and white t-shirt and here I was still in my office attire, couldn't have a nice fresh, soothing bath and he on the other hand had that all. 

I didn't want to kick, punch or do anything of the sort. All I could think at the moment was to leave the office as fast as I could before the door closes. I got up, my eyes met his. I was angry--- extremely angry. I gathered the work I had been doing, the piles of file and handed them to him.

He frowned.

"These are the designs, and other stuff has been e-mailed you." I glared at him. "I did this all two hours ago," I added.   

His looked confused. It's like he wanted to say something.

I moved to the door, which wasn't closed yet, I held it before it closed. I turned and looked at him and said, "I need to ask you something." I sounded polite, but why? I should yell at this monster.

"Yes." He kept standing at a distance.

"Why did you lock me inside?" I asked trying to keep my voice loud, but I couldn't. I was really sad. I knew he was rude and sometimes he get mad, but I never knew he would lock me. It was such an ugly thing to do.

"What?" He looked puzzled. Oh, the act.

"Oh, now you're not going to agree." I finally got strength in my voice. I sounded angry. Good!

"Hey, I didn't lock you or did anything of the sort." It seemed like he was getting annoyed. Why should he be annoyed? The only person deserves to get annoyed is me.

Ugh! I wanted to move up to him and kick him hard on his face and ruin this killer jaw-line forever. But I decided to leave. There was no reason to waste any more of my time with this crazy insolent guy and I guess I still had some time left, I could go to the club.

I passed him my deadly glare one last time and shut the door behind me violently.

Reaching the elevator, I pressed the button and it opened, I stopped when I heard him forcing the door open. What?

Curiously, I moved to the office door once again. Why wasn't the door not opening?

"Miss Williams, if you're doing something or you've locked me. This is not a joke, open the door immediately." I heard his voice, I knew he sounded mad, but the sound-proof room made it a whisper for me.

Oh, my God.

I couldn't help but giggle. I was doing nothing at all. I didn't lock him, I didn't even know how to. I don't know, maybe there was something wrong with the door and the only thing that was in my mind, which was very satisfying and amusing, was that he was trapped inside and only I was the one who could open the door. It was like a dream came true.

I tried to hold my laugh and pretended that I am not here.

"Miss Williams!" He bashed his fist on the door and I started laughing so hard. Seriously, I could pee in my own pants if I'd keep laughing like this. It was so funny, seeing him helpless. He was getting what he deserved.

That's why it is said, do good have good.

He didn't do any good to me.

I wasn't going to open the door at any cost. At least not until I enjoyed myself fully.

"So, you're not going to open it?" He asked. I brought my face closer to the door, so I could listen to him clearly. "You know I can see that you're here." I moved back immediately.

I kept silent. I bit my lip to contain my laughter. 

"Say something, dammit!" He was furious.

"Okay, I will open this door on one condition." 

"Hey, I don't need to beg you. I'm ordering you to open this door immediately." He said rudely. "I will forgive you."

Forgive me? What the hell? Firstly, he wants me to open the door. Secondly, he's being rude. He clearly doesn't know how to talk and now he will remain inside.

I kept silent and I also didn't hear him. What was he doing? Wait, has he found a way to get out? Hell, no.

"Okay, what's your condition." I heard his defeated voice. Oh, god please let this moment not be dream. I pinched myself. Thank you, it isn't.

What should I say?

"You will let me call you by your first name." I knew he wasn't going to accept this. There was no way he will.

"No." He said irritated. "Please."

Only because he said please, I decided something else.

"You need to confess that you locked me inside and that you gave me so much work because I didn't accept your apology and fancy tickets."

"I didn't lock you."

"Confess and be free."

He remained silent.

My hand was on the handle, waiting for this reply.

He finally said, "Yes. I confess." 

I opened the door slightly. He pushed and I lost the hold on the door. I saw him standing in front of me. He tried to move outside. No, he needs to stay inside--- locked. To do so, I pushed him back, but he held my wrist and I moved inside the room with him. He aimed for the door and ran towards it. No way, I can't let him out.

I ran towards the door too and closed it before he could leave.

There was silence. I looked at him and then at the door. Oh, fuck.

I gasped looking at him.

We both pushed the door, it didn't open.

What have I done?

"Dammit, you locked both of us inside." He looked at me furiously.

Shit, I really did.

NO, NO, NO, NO. 

✴ ✴

N e x t :
21st Chapter.

..