Darcy Lewis Meets Jane Doe

At the age of twenty-nine, Darcy Lewis is quite happy with her life and job at Stark Tower

At the age of twenty-nine, Darcy Lewis is quite happy with her life and job at Stark Tower. There had a been a bunch of ups and downs in order to get where she currently is, but Darcy would not change it for anything in the world. From dropping out of college after the Thor vs. The Destroyer incident to following Dr. Foster around the world and finding herself in yet another world changing event, Darcy sought to get back into college and do something with her life that would aide the Avengers when the world thought them the villains.

Surprisingly, Jane took the job that Tony Stark offered her because he just needed Dr. Foster within walking distance, and Jane only agreed to go if she could keep on her intern. Stark immediately agreed, but Darcy was hesitant because she did want to continue and finish college. Jane, of course, was shocked and saddened because she and Darcy had become close, and Tony took that opportunity to casually throw in that he could have Darcy transferred closer to the Tower so she'd be able to go to school and have a paid part-time job at Stark Industries as a scientist wrangler. Darcy agreed because that was an opportunity she couldn't pass up and her life became even more interesting.

Juggling school, homework, studying for exams, and three scientists was actually harder than Darcy thought. However, when exams were near, Tony took it easy on her to keep her from having too many mental breakdowns. Jane was easy because Darcy was use to her habits and Bruce was the easiest because he actually knew when to take himself out of the labs for food and sleep. Although with a paycheck adding up in her bank account and having a rent-free place at Stark Tower, Darcy couldn't complain too much.

Befriending the Avengers had been quite easily even though Darcy hadn't sought them out to do so. She'd been too focused on her school work and feeding her scientists that she didn't fangirl when an Avenger or two popped up and made polite conversation with her. She saw them as normal folk when they strolled into the room in civilian clothing, though she did get giddy whenever she saw them suited up and prepared to save the world.

She finished college and since she was on such a good footing with all the Avengers, Pepper made her their PR manager. And not only that, SHIELD's new Director finally made himself known and after a great big argument and lots of tears and yelling, the Director asked Miss Lewis to be the liaison between the Avengers and SHIELD.

Life was good, but definitely not easy- we're looking at you Steve and Tony for pitting everyone against one another- but problems were solved and Darcy soon found it easy to breathe again during team bonding nights that were suddenly mandatory once again especially since Steve brought James "Bucky" Barnes to live at the tower with them.

Not being stupid, Darcy took everyone's caution to heart about being cautious around Bucky. She kept her distance, but since they lived in the same building it was only a matter of time before she ran into him. And run into him she did.

Over and over again she offered him kind smiles and pleasant greetings, but she never lingered. And apparently once Bucky was clear-minded enough, Darcy found the man absolutely attractive and couldn't find it in herself to put a stop to his charming ways. Of course, it also didn't help that she flirted right back and all her friends groaned and dished out money to Natasha and Jane who had figured it was only a matter of time that those two got together.