Darcy Lewis Meets Teen Wolf

Just a little heads up, when you see were written as were (in italics), it's being pronounced as the 'were' in werewolf or were-creature

Just a little heads up, when you see were written as were (in italics), it's being pronounced as the 'were' in werewolf or were-creature. Understandable? Good.

PAGE BREAK

Darcy Lewis remembers when, once upon a time, she used to go by Darcy Hale.

Born a werewolf, she was conditioned along with her elder sister for something more. Their mother, Talia, was one of the most powerful and respected alphas in the werewolf community and Darcy couldn't have been more prouder. And while her elder sister, Laura, was being groomed to take on the alpha status when her mother was ready to pass it on, Darcy was groomed for nearly the same thing.

No one had told Darcy why she was being groomed for being an alpha when Laura was the one inheriting the power, but she didn't argue. Her big heart and caring personality was apparently going to pay off in the future if she kept on the same path, and pay off it did.

Sweet Laura hit the rebellious teen years before Darcy, but then Darcy and her younger brother Derek joined in soon after. They took their werewolf responsibilities to heart, never mucking it up in fear of outing their family, but good things eventually come to an end. Darcy had to watch the cruel world take her little brother's first love away from him, stealing away his beautiful golden eyes and replacing them with a steely blue. And if that wasn't enough, Derek really closed himself off from the rest of his family and took to being a little too secretive for her tastes.

But Derek's secrecy wasn't the worst of it. Not by a long shot.

No, the worst of it came when- not surprisingly- Laura, Derek, and Darcy all snuck out late one night without each other knowing only to be overwhelmed with the sudden urgency to return home. Darcy dropped what she was doing and took off in a dead sprint through the Beacon Hills Preserve to reach her family's home, only when she got there, the house was completely engulfed in flames and her family's cries from the inside could be heard. She watched in shocked terror as Laura and Derek attempted to enter their home only to be shoved back by a mountain ash barrier, and then the fire department was there and hauling her siblings away while they attempted to put out the flames.

Before Darcy could call out or run to her siblings, she felt a pinch in her neck and her whole world blacked out. And cut to several years later, and well Darcy now knows why she was being groomed to be alpha along side her sister.

After Darcy had woken up in a moving vehicle, she lashed out at her driver only to be subdued yet again. The obvious female wolf explained herself- that she was a friend of Talia's- and that there had been a plan to whisk Darcy away if something terrible ever happened to the family. Because while Laura was set to inherit power, Darcy was destined to rise to it. A True Alpha was something rare among the werewolf community, something incredible yet also something dangerous should the true alpha not have a pack. Darcy had scoffed at the idea of being a True Alpha, but after listening to her mother's friend, she understood the severity of the situation and calmed down some.