Darcy Lewis Meets Practical Magic

Growing up, there were four things that Antonia Darclyn Lewis-Owens lived by

Growing up, there were four things that Antonia Darclyn Lewis-Owens lived by. Always throw spilled salt over your left shoulder, keep Rosemary by your garden gate, plant roses and lavender for luck, and to fall in love whenever she could. And while she loved sneaking chocolate after dinner with her aunt Gilly or dancing naked under the light of a full moon with the aunts, the other aspects of her family's history was not so grand.

The end of Antonio's junior year in high school had her already applying for scholarships, and by the time graduation rolled around she was ready to pack up and start over at Culver University in Virginia. And start over she did when she changed her name to 'Darcy Lewis' and threw herself head first into school work while barely returning calls and letters back home.

She traveled from Virginia to New Mexico for an internship, from New Mexico to London as a faithful friend and unpaid intern, and then finally back to the States where Tony Stark hired her astrophysicist and gave Darcy the opportunity to finish her college career. Post cards were sent out every few months, but other than that Darcy had little to no contact with her family.

Stark Tower employees and the Avengers were quite easy to get along with. No one other than Jane and Thor knew of her family history, and both of them respected her wishes to never bring it up. And though Darcy didn't practice like she once did, she did plant Rosemary in rectangle planters and placed them on either side of the doors to Jane's labs, roses hung in two corners of the lab, and lavender was planted in several square planters and placed randomly around the lab. Tony had offered to build her a small greenhouse atop the tower's roof, but Darcy discouraged that idea with a smile and the others quickly got used to entering Darcy's living space or Jane's lab to the smell of rosemary, roses, and lavender.

xXx

Darcy's laying in bed, being woken by her phone chirping and alerting her that Strike Team Delta's on their way home. She sleepily replies so that the sender knows she's got it and promptly falls back asleep. Then the next time she's woken up, it's to the mattress dipping behind her and an arm sliding over her waist until a warm hand snakes beneath her tank top and rests against her stomach.

"Mmmm," she groggily mumbles. "Good mission?"

"The usual."

"Where's Nat? She usually like post-mission cuddles."

Clint huffs, amused. "The mission was boring so she mentioned something about giving Steve an early morning wake-up."

Darcy giggles. "Sometimes I'm glad Natasha only wanted us for cuddles and not sex. She seems like she'd wear me out."

This time, Clint laughs. "Go to sleep, Darce. It's only three in the morning.

PAGE BREAK

Over the next couple of weeks, Darcy finds herself feeling lonely. She's not sure what it is- she's happy with the way her life is currently going- but something just feels.. off. And it's only when she catches Pepper curled up with Tony one night during movie night that she realizes what's wrong.