Darcy Lewis Meets Angels

Author's Note: Fair warning, y'all

Author's Note: Fair warning, y'all. I'm not religious at all, so I apologize in advance if you are and you get offended by me twisting some things around/just making shit up.

Darcy Lewis.. hasn't always been Darcy Lewis.

When she was first born- er, created- her given name had been Barakiel. The angel of Good Fortune as her Father has dubbed her and the Lightning of God seeing as he'd granted her dominion over lightning. She loved her brothers and sisters greatly, and followed the orders of her Father as any good angel would. Eventually, she was then granted archangel status and dubbed ruler of the Seraphim.

Then Father went and created more children that he called the humans, and demanded that his children love these creations as He did. Some angels fell in line very easily- Barakiel being one of them as she opened their hearts to playfulness and lightheartedness- but others easily saw the flaws of these humans and disliked them right off the bat.

Lucifer, one of Barakiel's brothers that she adored very much- was one of these angels who refused to love their Father's creations as commanded. With Lucifer's refusal, it caused a rift between all her brothers and sisters. However, after much fighting and Lucifer boasting about how terrible humans were, their Father got fed up and cast Lucifer down. And in the midst of all the chaos after Lucifer's falling, Barakiel had had enough and grabbed up her only valued possession- a spear- and fled the only home she ever knew.

For years and years, Barakiel roamed Earth without any knowledge of what became of Lucifer or Heaven. Her name changed when she saw fit to take on a new identity, and Barakiel eventually learned of what became of Lucifer. They called him the Devil- a beast who sat on his fiery throne down in Hell and passed judgement on all the sinning souls who were ferried down into the pits. She didn't like thinking of her brother as a red beast with horns and a tail, and tried with all her might to never read too much into people's religion and the so-called word of God.

Then one day when she was parading around as Darcy Lewis, Barakiel felt the overwhelming urge to enroll herself into school and learn how to truly blend in. Stupidly, college was her starting point, but thankfully college kids went through odd phases so Darcy Lewis wasn't too much of an odd ball. From there, she felt another pull towards an ad tacked up on the boards- an astrophysicist seeking an intern- and Barakiel knew she had to put in for it. Befriending Jane Foster was fairly easy, as well as Erik Selvig, and keeping her identity was a slice of cake. But then Jane and Erik became family and Darcy spilled her most treasured secret: She was not Darcy Lewis, but rather Barakiel- an angel of the Lord.

Of course, Jane and Erik didn't believe, but when Barakiel let her wings rip through the back of shirt one night as they sat atop the roof of the car dealership-turned-lab, it was hard to deny the fact that Darcy- er, Barakiel- was truly an angel with her intimidating inky black wings spread out behind her.

"Well, okay," Jane had muttered, hesitantly reaching for a wing to stroke the feathers.

Then Thor happened and SHIELD intervened with Jane's research, and Darcy struggled a little more to keep her real identity a secret. SHIELD never found out a thing, but when Thor had his powers returned, Darcy quietly told him about her situation with a promise to show him at a later time when they were not under SHIELD's eye.