Chapter 9 •Déjà Vu•

Chapter 9 •Déjà Vu•

Today was our last day in Barbados. This vacation was one of many that I actually enjoyed and would be willing to come back in a heartbeat.

The last five days, Luke and I grew closer. Our date was fantastic. He took me to dinner on a yacht. His yacht actually. Our date played out better than I had imagined and it made Luke grow on me even more. As much as I don't want to admit it I really enjoyed his company and will miss our one on one times together.

I woke up in a foul mood this morning. I felt so lazy and wanted to spend the whole day in bed. Unfortunately, I had to get up to pack and get ready to go back home.

Throwing everything in my suitcase lazily I mentally rejoiced that I had finally finished. I took a shower right after. I stepped into a pair of lace panties and put on my bra next. I took the shorts and the shirt I left on my bed when I was packing and got dressed.

My hair was in a messy bun on top of my head. Loose tendrils cascaded down my face and neck. I didn't put on any make up only coated my lips with my strawberry lip balm.

I checked to see if I had everything then dragged my suitcase out the door. Luke was in the living room with his luggage talking on the phone.

I hawled my suitcase by the front door and Luke ended his call. "Our ride will be here in five minutes. Do you have everything?", he asked.

"Yes, I double checked", I nodded.

"Okay, good. Let me take that", he snatched my suitcase from my hand and walked out the front door. A little after, the car came.

•••

"Thank you", I told the flight attendant as she passed me some snacks. I am staving since I forgot to eat breakfast.

Since I didn't have anything to do I decided to start designing my business layout. I was half way into my design and it was coming together perfectly.

My headquarter won't be huge but it won't be small either. I have to start thinking about the requirements needed to be an employee of mine.

Hours later we finally landed. It was mid afternoon since the sun was still up. Passing the familiar streets gave me mixed emotions.

I was so conflicted I'm not sure how I'm suppose to feel about this. Separating from Nate and probably ruining our friendship is a downer whilst having my own company is exciting.

The vehicle came to a stop at my pent house. I bid farewell to Luke and the driver but not before Luke promised to come over soon. I just rolled my eyes at him but smiled nonetheless.

I dragged my suitcase to the entrance and made my way up through the elevator. It finally dinged and I got out of it. Turning my key and entering I let out a sigh of relief. I didn't realise how much I missed my home until the familiar interior surrounded me.

I left my luggage at the front door and went straight to my room and collapsed on my bed. Best feeling ever.

•••

I never knew how annoying my ring tone was until it disturbed my peaceful sleep. I groaned and prevented myself from chucking my phone against the wall.

I opened an eye and reached for it on my bed side drawer and accepted the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Hullo?", I grumbled out into my pillow.

"Rebecca?", a voice asked softly. I recognised it was Audrey's instantly. I quickly sat up.

"Audrey?"