Chapter 41- Falling For A Thug

One day it just clicks... You realize what's important and what isn't. You learn to care less about what other people think of you and more about what you think of yourself. You realize how far you've come and you remember when you thought things were such a mess and you'd never recover. And then you smile. You smile because you are truly proud of yourself and the person you've fought to become.

~Monique~

‼️ IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END ‼️

"Is there anything I can help with?" I asked the girls as I walked in the kitchen, they were all cooking for thanksgiving which was tomorrow. Everyone decided to have dinner at Blaze's house since his was the biggest and of course he agreed.

"No, Blaze gave us all specific orders to make sure you don't do anything because he said you need your rest," Miya told me as she shooed me out the kitchen, I frowned up my face.

"But-"

"No buts, you gotta get out the kitchen," I groaned in annoyance and stood still.

"I don't need rest, let me help-"

"I'm here!" I turned my head to see who it was and it was Jermaine walking in with his mom. "Sorry I'm late, Jermaine was slowing me down," she apologized as she walked in and released the bags that were in her hands.

"I was not! Don't lie."

"Hush up and wash your hands so you can help me with these greens. I need to go back out to the car so I can get- ooh! Monique, baby I didn't even see you standing there, I'm so sorry. How are you? You looking just as beautiful as ever," she spoke pulling me into a giant hug. I laughed and wrapped my arms around her.

"Thank you! I'm fine, what about you?"

"I'm doing great, just trying not to let my son drive me too crazy," she said causing me to laugh again.

"Momma I can hear you!" Jermaine yelled looking offended, she smiled at him.

"I know, baby. I know," she told him. "Where's Blaze?"

"He went out to go run a few errands, but he should be back soon."

"Oh okay. Well let me get started on this food-"

"Can I help with anything?" I asked her hoping that she would say yes.

"Uh no, I've already been warned by Blaze not to let you do anything. You're not about to get me in trouble," she said with a laugh before walking away, I sighed in annoyance. Blaze is treating me like a child and it's worse cause now everyone is too.

"Can I at least taste the food?" I asked them, Jermaine looked at me.

"Here bestfriend, taste this," he said passing me a fruit cup, I mugged him.

"Bye."

As I was walking to the living room I heard the front door open and looked to see Mike and Trina walk in holding the baby in his carrier.

"Hey guys!" I spoke giving them each a hug with a smile on my face.

"Someone's super happy today. I'm sure we have Blaze to thank for that," Trina said with a smirk causing my cheeks to heat up. She was right.

"Speaking of him, he was just pulling up outside when we were coming in," Mike told me. Without a second thought I headed outside to meet him.

Blaze was just getting out his truck when I walked outside but I didn't move from my spot because I saw Sasha getting out the passenger seat. She didn't even see me as she went to get Erika from the back but Blaze saw me and began walking up the steps to me.