Deaf: A.B

Growing up was hard for me. It still is. I'm a senior in high school but I'm also deaf. I was in an accident when I was younger I took a hard hit the side of my head and ended up having nerve damage.

Being a small girl and deaf in a school can be very hard. Teenagers these days have a hard time accepting others that are different. And just cause their different they have to ruthless towards them, towards me.

My parents wanted me to get home schooled but I didn't. I wanted to be as normal as I could be.

Pumpkin are you okay?

My dad signed. I smiled slightly and nodded. He smiled and nodded.

Okay are you ready? We have to go.

I got up and grabbed my bag and got up from my bed. My dad was meeting up his best friend. His best friend Jerry. So we are going to his house for a barbeque.

I grabbed my glasses putting them on. I looked at the mirror I had on my wall. I had a scar above my right eye brow from the car accident. I sighed and looked down at my outfit.

I wasn't really a fan of star wars but my dad was so he bought me the sweater

I wasn't really a fan of star wars but my dad was so he bought me the sweater. I didn't really care it was warm and comfortable so that's what mattered.

I walked down stairs to see my parents waiting for me. I wasn't the only child my older sister was at college studying to be a doctor so she couldn't be a here.

Come one sweetheart.

My mom signed holding out her hand for me to grab. I smiled and held her hand like I was a little girl again. Well to them I'm still their little girl always well be.

***

Once my dad parked the car infornt of a house we got out. There were a lot of cars here. Like a lot. Last time I checked we weren't going to a quinceañera.

I was always bad a meeting new people. I was always too, awkward and shy.

Come on mija

My mom turned around in her seat and signed to me. I took a deep breath and got out of the car.

My mom grabbed my hand. I smiled slightly and we all walked towards the door. I waited as my dad rang the door bell. I couldn't hear it but I do know what the button next to the door is.

The door opened to reveal a man with glasses. Dad and the man smiled at each other and the man pulled dad into a bro hug. He looked at my mother into a hug. He then looked down at me since I was short for a normal 17 year old.

He smiled at me and started talking to me. But then he stopped when my father told him something. His smiled faded and looked back down at me. He looked at me with  sympathy. He then let us in.

I don't like when people look at me like that. So what I can't hear doesn't mean I'm dead.

Mom then looked at me and smiled.

I'll go get you a plate of food. Set here. Okay?

I smiled slightly and nodded. I sat down on the couch. She then left towards the kitchen. I looked around the room there were a group of girls on the wall there were five girls. They were smiling at the camera. But one the girls really caught my eye.

She was the short one compared to the rest of the girls in the picture. She had blonde and brown hair. She was beautiful. She is beautiful.

I looked when I felt something against my feet. I smiled when I saw a cute little puppy. He looked up and tilted his head. I smiled and picked up the puppy. He looked up at me and barked well I think he barked. He then started licking my chin. I smiled and petted his head which looked like he enjoyed.

I felt someone looking at me. So I looked up to see the same girl I saw on the pictures. She moved her lips but I couldn't read them cause she was moving them to fast.

I looked around hoping I'd find a pen and paper. Which thank god I did. I put a finger telling her to wait for a second. Which thank god she did. I quickly wrote down and showed her the paper.

She looked up when she wa done and smiled sadly. But then smiled slightly and took the pen from my hands. Handing me the the book.

I'm Ally. Nice to meet you. :)

I smiled seeing the smiley face. This continued for awhile. I got to know that she's in group. That she loves waffle house almost just as me when she found out her smile grew and I didn't think that her smile could be any bigger. Even though I couldn't hear her laugh or voice or hear her sing I'm sure there beautiful.

I just hope I get the chance to get to know her more.

****

😊✌