Chapter Six

*Preston/Hacker*

  I watched as Teddy made her way upstairs before I went in search of the kitchen, I started setting up my laptop at the table so I could keep looking for Blood and his crew.

  "Hey," Teddy said and I looked up swallowing hard when I saw what she was wearing. "I'm hungry, do you want anything?"

  "Whatever your making," I said pulling my eyes away from her breathing deeply.

  "I was just going to order Chinese," she said wobbling over to the phone. "I really want some sweet and sour chicken with pinnapple."

  "Order a little bit of everything and I'll pay for it," I said. "Don't argue, it's the least I can do with everything that has happened today."

  "Fine," she huffed grabbing the the phone. "Hi, I'm calling to place a delivery order."

  Chuckling I exited the kitchen so I could call Trigger.

  "What's up Hacker?" Trigger asked answering on the first ring.

  "Need a favor," I said. "At my house there's a safe in the basement and I need one of the phones, the red notebook and a couple of the trackers."

  "Yeah," he said. "What's the code for the safe?"

"Four sixteen zero three," I said. "I really appreciate it man."

  "No problem," he said. "How is she?"

  "She seems fine," I said. "Brooks scared her when he walked into the lair and found her on the main computer. She noticed something I had missed and was trying to get a better look."

  "What was it?" Trigger asked.

  "Someone's been spying on the clubhouse for a couple of days," I sighed. "So I have to figure out who this person is and find Blood and his crew."

  "I don't mind pitching in of you need help," Trigger said. "We're family and we take care of our own."

  "Thanks for the offer," I chuckled. "I just need those things from my house just drop them off at Angelica's house, I'm staying here with Teddy."

  "I'll drop them off later tonight," Trigger said after saying thanks I hang up and the doorbell rang.

  "Can you get get that," Teddy yelled from the kitchen. "Its the delivery man."

  "Yeah," I said walking to the door but keeping a hand on my gun opening the door.
---

  "Seriously," Teddy laughed throwing her napkin at me. "That is so bad."

  "In my defense," I chuckled. "It was supposed to be Cowboy not Monster."

  "My dad and I used to prank his partner," Teddy laughed but it sounded sad. "One time I switched his shampoo with neon green permanent hair dye, lasted almost and entire year."

  "Do you still talk to your dad?" I asked watched her tense up before getting up avoiding looking at me.

  "He's no longer here," she said quietly hopping off with the crutches.

  Confused and worried I waited until I heard her bedroom door shut before I got up and cleaned the mess up setting the leftovers in the fridge, grabbed my laptop I typed in her name but stopped when the someone knocked on the door.

  "Got the stuff you wanted," Trigger said walking in handing me the bag. "Your house is a total bust by the way, sorry."

  "It's fine," I said setting the bag down. "Thanks for grabbing this for me."

  "No problem," he shrugged looking at my laptop. "Why are you doing a background check on Teddy?"

  "I'm not," I said erasing her name and closing it. "Just something she said had me thinking. Are you going back to the clubhouse?"

  "Yeah," he nodded looks at me oddly. "What's up?"

   "I need you to give these to Bullet," I said handing him a few files. "It's the information on the Mexico job, Iraqi decoy and everything I could find on Blood and his crew."

  "I'll get it him," Trigger said walking towards the door. "We have church and if I were you do not answer the phone when Angelica calls."

  "Why?" I asked confused.

  "She's pissed that Teddy was hurt and has already cursed several of us out because of it," he said shuttering. "Tanker won't let them come back and she giving him hell about that."

  "Thanks for the advice," I nodded. "See you tomorrow."

  "Later," he nodded hopping on his bike and driving off, shaking my head I headed inside and got ready for bed after making sure Teddy was okay.