Date night

"What's with you?" Mila asked as she sat at the edge of the bed where her friend lay depressed.
Ember had been quiet all week. Mila couldn't place her finger on it but she knew it probably had to do with the lovesick girls attempts to woo her father.
And it made Mila feel sick.

"So...you won't tell me?" Mila asked.
Again no response.
Mila sighed and stood up.

"Fine. Then I suppose you don't wanna know that I have a date tonight," Mila smirked and walked towards her closet. Ember immediately scrambled to sit up.

"What!? Girl! Who?!" Ember exclaimed.
Mila chuckled as she turned back to face her friend.

"I knew you wouldn't last! Maybe if you had spent less time being a drama queen you would know that Alex and I are having dinner tonight," Mila smirked.
Ember gasped in happiness.
"Ohh my god! The hottie from the club!? I approve!" Ember giggled. "But wait, how are you gonna make it past your parents?"

"Well, we can just say we are going out to eat," Mila said as she began to change her clothes.

"So, I'm coming with you?" Ember asked confused.

"Yeah, you are. I mean, I kinda told Alex I have strict parents and would only be able to sneak out with a friend...so we kinda arranged a double date.." Mila cautiously said as she looked at Ember, trying to read any reaction. Ember just smiled in slight shock and smirked.

"I don't know girl," she said, making Mila scoff.
"Give it a chance! This might be a better opportunity than a middle aged clown who's taken and also happens to be your best friends dad."

Ember blushed a deep red and looked furiously at Mila.

"Ugh! Fine! Whatever girl," Ember sneered.

Mila smiled faintly as she looked down at her phone where she had just received an incoming text from Alex.

Alex: Hey gorgeous, ready for tonight?
Mila: I sure am! Were you able to make an arrangement for my friend Ember?
Alex: uh...actually, no. The friend I was gonna bring is actually out of town.
Mila: Oh..
Alex: But you and I will definitely have a great time 😊
Mila: without a doubt!

Mila looked up at Ember who scrambled through her luggage to find clothes.
"Umm...Em?" She asked.

"Yes chick?" Ember asked as she took out a long top.

"It turns out Alex's friend is out of town...so I'm gonna do this thing solo..I feel so bad leaving you alone here," Mila frowned.

"Oh girl, no worries! I'll be alright," Ember smiled warmly as she straightened up.

"Are you sure? I could cancel," Mila said.
"No! Don't you dare, canceling on that hottie? Absolutely not!" Ember exclaimed.

Mila smiled and hugged her friend tightly.
"Thanks boo, I love you." She sighed as she snuggled against her best friend. Ember hugger her back tightly, kissing her hair.

"I love you too, now go get ready for your prince!" Ember giggled.

----
Later that evening, once Mila had gotten ready to leave, both her and Ember walked down the stairs slowly as not to arouse suspicion. Mila was about to leave the residence to meet up with Alex but would have to be quiet if she hoped to leave and come back without letting anyone know.

But of course, that fantasy was short lived.

As soon as she clutched the keys to the SUV parked outside the door, her fathers laughter could be heard.