Six

Anthony

After our first date things between Isabella and I have been going really well. We're taking it slow and just trying to keep it as simple as possible. She was still trying to do what's best for Nicholas and I was trying to take care of her while she did that.

As July turns to August the weather gets hotter and the days get longer. Nick goes to school next week and Isabella has been really stressed about it so I wanted to help them relax a little. So today we were going to do a carriage ride around the city and have a fun lunch to get our minds off things.

We climb in the buggy part and I pay the driver. I tell her to just take us around town and she nods. We take off and Nick has this huge smile on his face. We get started and he asks a million questions about anything and everything. Isabella has a answer for each one and I become even more impressed. They worked so well together and it makes my heart so happy.

"What's your favorite part of the city" I ask Nicky and he lights up.

"My sister" he claims and I smile.

"Can I tell you a secret" I whisper and he nods. He leans over and I lean in.

"She's my favorite part too" I say and he smiles. He sits back in Isabellas lap as she looks around. The wind blows through her long brown waves fluttering away in the wind, just free to move around. Her eyes closed as she takes in this great weather. She was wearing a gorgeous sun dress that showed off her great legs and tan skin. I sit back and admire her for as long as possible.

"Why are you staring at me like that" she finally asks snapping me out of my stare.

"Because out of the sights we will see today, none of them are more beautiful than you" I claim and she smiles at me.

"Good one" Nick whispers and I laugh.

"So kiddo, what are your aspirations" I ask.

"What's a aspiration" he asks.

"What do you want to be? What's your biggest dream" I explain.

"To play baseball with the other kids" he claims and Isabella frowns. I know she hated that he couldn't be like other kids but she's trying her best.

"You know... there was a point in my life that I might never be able to play baseball too" I say and his eyes light up.

"Really" he gasps.

"Yeah, I had cancer and was really sick. And like you all I wanted was to be able to play. But I had to get better first. I had a good team behind me and they helped me get better so I can play. And I would love to be a part of your team to help you get better" I say.

"That would be cool" he admits.

"We need a team name" I say and he taps his chin.

"How about the heart breakers" he says and Isabella nearly chokes.

"That's a bit harsh don't you think" she asks.

"Yeah... that might not go over well with others" he admits. Where does he hear these things?

"How about Heart of Gold" Isabella suggests and I smile.

"I love it" I admit.

"Me too... but what does it mean" Nick asks and she giggles.

"It means your heart is pure and valuable and strong. It makes you this amazing person that is sitting in my lap now" she claims.

"Oh! Then I really love it" he claims and she smiles.