19. New Morning

Khushi Pov

"Khushi...Khushi..." I scrunched my brows feeling someone palms on my cheeks.

"Khushi beta..." Maa, maa was calling.

Flickering my lids, adjusting to room light I realized I fainted again.

"Here drink this. What happened to you? Why are you fainting here and there?" Maa asked in worry caressing my face, moving aside my tendrils.

I drank the juice as I needed that most at the point. I feel like all my energy sucked
up. Moving my eyeballs, I noticed everyone looking at me with a worried expression.

Arnav stood in a corner piercing into my soul. His chocolate orbs fixed on me without blinking.

"Here eat this" Maa feed me distracting from my thoughts.

"You should take care khushi" papa's concerned talk made me realize how self-obsessed I become these days.  Muddling in my own self, I failed to notice how worried everyone because of me.

Is that includes arnav too? My heart questioned.

Involuntarily my eyeballs land on him. He's trying to read me, I can feel it. Suddenly feeling self-conscious under his scrutinizing gaze I shifted my eyes to avoid my thoughts which plans to enter inside a dangerous territory.

"We should let her rest, already she looks pale. Shashiji why don't you all stay here tonight, it is getting midnight" Ratna maa suggested for which everyone agreed.

Where's meera?

Finding her standing beside arnav I felt all her words started ringing in my ears.

How she's sure of siddharth decease? 'Don't mourn over someone who is not yours' what she means by that? Isn't he is my own? Is it true, what I have for siddharth was infatuation?

"Let's call it a night. Uncle come I'll show your room. Anni show their room to Payal and Meera" Arnav dispersed everyone letting the darkness to occupy the room.

Slipping into a nightdress I pulled the blanket over my head only to get horrified when someone pulled it away.

Calming my unlaboured breathing realising it was none other than arnav "What the hell arnav?"

"Don't put the blanket over your head. It'll restrict you from getting fresh air" saying this he entered to washroom taking his spare clothes.

Even after the arguments we had, he cares for me.

Involuntarily my thoughts went back to the time when I and siddharth had a fight.

"Sid, please understand me. This week I want to go home. It's already a month I see my family" Pleaded I.

"You can see them next week khush. I will be bored alone in home so I booked movie tickets for us and scheduled our programs too. Morning we'll be roaming around the mall and afternoon movie then evening another movie and then if you want you can stay in my home too" He recited what he planned without consulting me.

"I can't sid. I am going home that's final. You can't decide my decision. Bye. I'll be back in two days" I slammed the phone. From past four weeks, I was spending my whole weekend with him, what else he wants.

Unfortunately, next day my health deteriorates, I called sid to inform the same and ask him to buy medicines as most of the hostel was empty. My friends gone to their homes. But for two days he neither lift my calls nor replies to my constant messages. I was devastated for very first time, the one whom I thought will never let me down actually left me to dwell. Later somehow due to a lot of pestering and his constant apologies he gained my forgiveness.