23. His feelings

Arnav Pov

I couldn't believe the fact that she wished me good morning, Indeed it was a good start of the morning. My wife for first time wished me without any pressure.

Drowning in her new behaviour I forget to wish her back. Damn! 

And for the first time, she asked me something, to be away from here. Tagging me along with her itself a big change in her, I should fulfil it. If she was willing to change herself on that time being then what more I want? Love will not be gained easily, some adjustments and sacrifices should be done. Nothing will change if I sacrifice my few days with my family if she is willing to take forward this relationship. Even she left her family...Already I can feel little change in her, so fulfilling her wish will not be bad.

Determined I wiped out the remaining water from my face and got ready in jet speed. It's surprising to see her woke up early and not in the room. As far as I remember her earlier behaviour she'll not go downstairs unless it is needed. Her family is here maybe that's why this change. Or her mind was clear from confusions after yesterday fight. Is that be the reason?

Musing all the possibilities I descended the stairs, noticing everyone absence my feet automatically took a right turn towards the pooja room.

Like I guessed everyone was there, she too. Standing there with aarthi thaali as a bahu of the house, it gave me a proud feeling. If only everything was fine between us...

As soon as garima aunty spotted me she shouted turning everyone attention on me.

She asked me to fill khushi forehead with vermillion. I would glad to do that but what if she dislikes. Moreover surrounding with the family I cannot back out and I guess she too can't.

Gauging her expressions I stepped forward filling her partition. My heart swell with pride when her features screamed my right over her even though she denies it. Her closed eyes screamed her acceptance towards me. 

On the insistence of mom, we both together circled the pooja plate doing aarathi for first time as a couple. We were standing close to each other after that terrible fight, she was lost somewhere. When I murmured to distribute the prasad she snapped out of her dreamland.

After handing every one share of their prasad to them she came to me at last. Without delay, I extended my hands. The next instant I saw meera holding her arms and raising it towards my mouth. I did not expect this but nonetheless, I didn't show outside. I opened my mouth not wanting to make them embarrassed. At last minute meera withdraw her hands making khushi to feed me. Meera is trying hard to make us close, hope one day her wish fulfils.

Chewing the prasad I took my foot back to move from there only to stood back by a sudden intrusion which was none other than annika. She raised my arms to khushi mouth like meera did, maybe they both planned this. Unlike meera annika didn't withdraw her hand back. She'll not, I know. She's one naughty bubbly girl unlike meera. 

And true to her nature, she chirped making everyone smile even my kaddoos wife too. I think she didn't realize that.

After breakfast, I announced my relocation to goa. Mom and dad were shocked while my eyes fixed on khushi. I am doing all this for her, I want to see her happy at least now. But it didn't happen. She was lost in some other world, maybe siddharth... Even thinking his name I feel like to choke his throat. But it is not his fault if khushi loves him because I was not even there in her life then.

I should thank God for giving me a sister like annika. Sometimes her habits annoy me but at the end of the day, she is my sister, my cute doll. Once again she helped me bringing her bhabhi out of her lala land saying I scared khushi and asking me to take her with me.