35. Trust

Khushi pov

The guilt of judging him without knowing his surprise started to churn my insides. How could I? Whatever things he do, he always keep me on his mind. But here I easily let him down.

"I am sorry" I whispered on his ears.

I crashed against him as he halted the bike instantly.

"Why?" He asked turning back.

"For thinking wrong about you" I whispered ashamed of my own conclusion.

"Then I am afraid, you've to ask many sorry's"

I lowered my eyes knowing how truthful his sentence was. I hurt him a lot earlier. He never even raised his voice against me, unless he's totally pissed off by my behaviour. How sweet he's and how bitter I am!

"Forget the past, we can't change it" He shook his head as if trying to forget the not so happy moments.

Yeah, he's right. Past is past. We can't change but we can change the future.

"Ok now tell me where are you taking me?" I asked diverting the topic.

He smiled "That's surprise"

"Are you trying to impress me Raizada?" I asked breaking the silence fell between us. I don't want him to dwell in my past behaviour. He would get nothing but only hurt.

"Do you feel so?"

Why can't he answer simply?

"Anyone who was asked question will only answer not questions back" I argued.

"Few persons and few situations are exception, you know?"

"Arnav..." I whined on not getting the answer. He easily tricked me and got what he wanted and here I was deprived of that skills could only sulk.

I desperately wanted to know why is he doing this. It's a surprise, not a question about that but I want to hear that from him.

"Chillax wifey, you have no patience to handle a situation"

"You know it, then why are you not telling me. Arnav say na..." I persuaded him.

"Don't tell me you forget about our first valentine's day?"

I bit my tongue. How did this slip out from my mind?

"Ok, enough of our talks. We reached our destination"

I roamed my eyes capturing the surroundings. It was not dark like before. Infront of us there was green lushy mountain. Few birds chirping here and there. But the place doesn't look like it was something special. Why did he took me here then?

I get down from the bike as he joined me after parking the bike.

He streched open his palm infront of me waiting for mine to clasp into his. Without second thought I slipped my palm into his. I was bestowed with his full blown smile as reward.

"This path will not be smooth, hold me tight ok. Walk carefully"

After my nod we started to walk, I kept capturing the surroundings than questioning about his plan.

I put my feet carefully yet few times  stumbled upon him. He like a sweet man, slowed down his pace to accompany me.

We came to halt at a place where we can see both ocean and hills.

"Arnav.. it was mesmerizing" I couldn't help but glee in happiness.

Chuckling, he gently turned my chin towards east where I can see the dawn of sun and fading of moon.