I Want You

Melissa

"Okay, so what's your favorite thing to do in the off-season" I ask Anthony as I start to close up shop.

"Go swim in the ocean. My family and I own a beach house back in Florida and I crash there when I can. I never get really gets cold there so I always find myself on the boat" he shrugs.

"I get it, went to Floribama all the time when I was in college" I remember.

"I bet you did" he teases and I gasp.

"And what does that mean" I question.

"That I do not doubt you had your fun in college" he claims.

"You are not wrong" I smirk.

"What were you like before... well you know" he says.

"I was crazy. I was careless and reckless and emotionless" I admit.

"So maybe it's not such a bad thing that things changed" he claims.

"I don't take what happened to me as a bad thing. Mallory is a blessing and I have learned so much from her and that situation. Sure I wish it could have happened differently, that I could give her a dad because I know she wants one. But I can only be one person" I shrug.

"You're everything she has ever wanted" he assures me and I smile.

"Thanks" I nod.

"Are you ever going to tell me what happened" he asks and I sigh.

"I want to... so bad. I want to confide in you. But I'm scared" I admit.

"Scared of what" he questions.

"Scared that you'll want nothing to do with me or my daughter once you do know. Scared that I just let you in so easily and you could walk out just as easily. I'm scared that you'll think different of me" I start to ramble.

"Mel! Calm down, please. I need you to listen to me.

I am not giving up on you. I don't care about who you were. I care about who you are and who you are going to be" he insists.

"I can't lose you" I whisper.

"I'm yours" he insists and I nod.

"Okay. I'll tell you" I sigh.

"Do you want to go up to my place" he questions.

"Yeah, let me make sure my brother and daughter are okay" I insist and he nods.

He places a kiss on my forehead before I close up the bar. I go to the side and call my brother and my phone rings a few times before he answers.

"Hello" Tim groans and I let out a sigh.

"Hey buddy. How are you doing" I ask and he chuckles.

"I feel like I'm dying" he jokes and I roll my eyes.

"Not funny" I insist.

"I know, I'm sorry.

Why'd you call. Is everything okay" he asks.

"Yeah. I wanted to make sure you and Mallory were okay. I wasn't planning on being home for a while and I have to know if I need to come home now or not" I explain.

"We're good. Mallory is sleeping away and I just laid down after cleaning up after dinner" he claims.

"You made dinner" I gasp.

"I warmed up leftovers" he clarifies and I nod. That's sounds about right.

"Alrighty. I will see you when you get up in the morning" I say.