||CHAPTER 12||

🐍JUGHEAD'S POV🐍

🐍JUGHEAD'S POV🐍

I woke up from the sun coming from the window.

I groaned, turning to my side.

And I saw that Betty was sleeping there.

I found myself smiling, even though I didn't even remember doing it in the first place.

We slept together for the first time last night, and I had no regrets.

I could hear her breathing, it was quiet and someone who wasn't next to her probably wouldn't hear it.

I realized that Betty almost looked more beautiful sleeping. Her eyes were shut with her lips slightly pursed and she looked as still as a statue. Betty looked so fragile, almost as if I touched her she would break.

Thinking that staring at her was getting too creepy, I put on some boxers and a shirt closing the door quietly behind me.

I decided that maybe I could surprise her with breakfast. I knew it would suck because I've never tried cooking in my life, but I knew she would think it was cute.

As I started to search the refrigerator for something she might like, my phone rang.

I frowned, who would be calling me so early in the morring?

I looked down to see that it was Dad, then I realized that he had never come home last night.

Thank god he didn't, anyway.

If he found out I had slept with a girl, especially a Northsider...well it wouldn't end well.

I picked it up "yeah?"

"Jug? Are you home? Are safe?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, "why?"

"A kid" he started "a kid was murdered last night."

A chill ran down my spine.

"Was he a Serpent?" I asked in a voice I almost didn't recognize.

"No" he responded quickly "he's a Northsider. His name is Jason Blossom."

Jason was Cheryl Blossom's twin brother.

I felt glued to my place. What if it was the Black Hood that Betty and I found information about in Hiram Lodge's office?

No, it couldn't be a coincidence.

"When are you coming home?" I asked.

"Soon," he said, "I'm staying with Tall Boy right now, and I didn't go home last night because the entire town was freaking out."

"I bet" I mumbled.

"What were you doing last night?" My Dad asked, "I tried calling you and you never answered."

I felt my face go white. Oh.

"Um...I was studying" I lied "for an important test. I turned my phone off in order to concentrate."

"Okay, well I gotta go Jug," he said, "stay safe."

"I will," I said before hearing him hang up.

I placed the phone on the counter and sighed.

A kid was dead.

Maybe it had been a car accident or suicide.

It couldn't possibly be murder.

Right?

"Juggie? Who were you talking too?" 

I saw Betty enter, she was wearing one of my S shirts.

And she looked sexy in it.

"Oh, it was just my Dad," I said, walking toward her.

"What was it about? It seemed....strange" she said.

I didn't want to worry Betty about Jason. I knew she would find out about it soon, I just didn't want to be the one to tell her.

"Were you eavesdropping on me, Juliet?" I asked.

Her cheeks grew red "maybe."

I kissed the top of her head "how would you like some breakfast?"

"Breakfast?" She said, "you can cook?"

"No. But I can try" I told her.

Betty giggled "that's something I want to watch."

I lent down and kissed her, and I was already beginning to forget about Jason Blossom.

My lips lingered on hers for god knows how long. Then I eventually pulled away and continued to wonder how Jason Blossom really died.....