||CHAPTER 27||

🕷️CHERYL'S POV🕷️

🕷️CHERYL'S POV🕷️

"Betty!?" I screamed "Betty?!"

I had heard her scream, and she was no longer at her doorstep.

The lights were still off inside, so she couldn't have gone in. 

A cold feeling formed in the pit of my stomach. JJ went missing right before he died.

What if whoever hurt him is out for Betty too?

I started panicking. Why the hell was this even happening? Betty hadn't done a bad thing in her life-well, minus the whole Serpent affair thing.

I got my phone out, I didn't know if I should contact her parents, Sheriff Keller, or what.

Sheriff Keller was a crappy sheriff, so not him. I didn't even know her parents' number, and I couldn't think of anyone else to call.

Before an idea entered my mind.

I dialed Toni. The Serpents might know some information about the person who killed my brother, I knew it could be a long shot, but I had to try.

"Hey Cheryl" I heard Toni's beautiful voice say "what's up?"

"Where are you? I need to talk to you and the Serpents" I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"I can't explain right now" I replied, "but I just need to know, please TT."

Toni sighed "fine, do you know where the White Wyrm is?"

---------------------------------------------

🐍JUGHEAD'S POV🐍

"I can't believe you actually did it," Sweetpea told me "honestly I thought you were going to ignore my plan."

I glared at him. Ever since I broke things off with Betty, I hadn't been the same.

"It happened four days ago, so can we just forget about it?" I snapped.

"Fine, chill out man" Sweetpea mumbled.

I wanted to say more, but I bit my tongue.

The White Wyrm door opened, and Toni walked in with Cheryl by her side.

I narrowed my eyebrows, wondering what the hell she was doing here.

Toni stood up on the pool table, "everyone listens up! The adults aren't here yet, right?"

"Yeah, but what's the Northsider doing here?" Fangs asked.

Toni looked at Cheryl, and she got on top of the pool table next to Toni.

"Tonight I was with Betty Cooper" she started "one of you broke her heart, and she needed comfort. I walked her to her home, and then I heard her scream and she was gone. I think my brother's killer has something to do with this, but I'm not sure. So I went to all of you."

Shit.

I broke up with her to avoid this, and now I had been too late?

"I knew this would happen!" Sweetpea exclaimed, standing up.

I saw Cheryl and Toni talking, and I assumed that she was explaining the whole situation to her.

Cheryl looked at me, and she got down from the pool table, walking over to me.

"You really do care about her" she mumbled, "you broke up with her because you love her and wanted her to be safe."

I nodded, unable to speak.

There was the sound of a phone ringing, and I realized it was mine.

An unknown number wanted to FaceTime me.

"Guys, come over here," I said, "an unknown number is FaceTiming me."

The other Serpents (plus Cheryl) stood behind me. "Do you think its Betty?" Toni asked.

"Only one way to find out" Fangs mumbled.

I pressed the button to accept, and the image of a man in a black hood stood in front of Betty who was tied up and had a rope around her mouth.

We all gasped, and I felt my sadness be replaced with anger.

"We have your little Northside princess, Jones," a low voice said from the black hood "and we're going to keep her until you come, and we're going to kill you ourselves." 

Betty screamed, even though the rope was wrapped around her mouth, while my heart ached.

"Think about it," the man said, "but if you don't come in forty-eight hours, we're going to kill her instead." 

The FaceTime ended, and we all stood there.

In complete silence.