||CHAPTER 15||

Amidst all the fear and the guilt I felt, I decided I needed a distraction

And I knew exactly what that distraction would be.

"Toni!" I called, running to her in the hallway.

She narrowed her eyes brows "Betty? What is it?"

"I need you to do a favor for me," I told her.

She smiled "anything for my best friend's girlfriend."

I looked around to see if anyone was watching, then I turned back to her.

"What's the White Wyrm?" I asked.

"It's the Serpent hangout space" Toni replied, "but, it's mainly a bar."

"Could you somehow find a way to take me there?" I asked.

Toni crossed her arms "Why do you want to go to the White Wyrm?"

I sighed "I need a distraction from all the chaos that's happening. And, I want to get to know Jughead's world better. So I thought it would be perfect."

"I like the idea Betty, but how do I fit into all of this?" She asked.

"Can you drive me?" I asked, "I don't know the way."

"Why can't Jughead do it?" Toni asked.

"He's kind of protective," I told her "and I have the feeling that he's going to say no."

"That doesn't surprise me" Toni muttered, "but how do you think he's going to feel when he sees you there?"

"He's not going to recognize me," I said, "trust me. And he might not even go that night, anyway."

Toni smiled "I like this side of you, Betty."

"So, will you drive me?" I asked.

She smiled "sure."

—————————————-

I left home telling my parents that I was going to a study session to Archie's.

But, they didn't know the truth.

Toni and I were meeting at Pops, and I went into the bathroom with my backpack that was filled with "textbooks" when in reality it was what I was going to wear to the White Wyrm.

I took my ponytail out, letting my curly blonde hair fall down my shoulders.

I put some bright red lipstick on, some mascara, and eyeshadow.

I changed out of my clothes and put on a crop top and a skirt that I thought was short, but it turns out that it showed my legs a lot more than I intended too.

I knew I couldn't change now, and I just prayed that no one would notice.

After getting ready, I walked outside of Pops to find Toni leaning against her motorcycle with her nose in her phone.

She looked up at me and then blinked.

"Betty? Is that you?" She asked.

I giggled "I told you that you wouldn't recognize me."

She gave me a helmet just as she began to put on her own "if Jughead sees you like this, he's going to have a heart attack."

When we both arrived at the White Wyrm, there were dozens of motorcycles parked.

Once we both walked in, I took a long around.

It was nice. There were probably a hundred or more people in there and half of them wore Serpent jackets, a pool table laid on the side and a mini bar was there too.

"Toni!" A voice cried.

A boy approached us, he was short with black hair and a Serpent jacket.

"Hey Fangs," She said, "this is Betty, she's a friend of mine."

Fangs smiled at me, but it wasn't a flirty one. It was more friendly.

"Nice to meet you, Betty. I'm Fangs" he told me.

I smiled in reply, the Serpents really weren't that bad after all.

"Can you watch her for me? I'm going to be late for my shift" Toni said.

"Sure" Fangs replied as Toni walked away.

Fangs and I walked closer to the bar, where a girl with her nose pierced and more tattoos then I could count stood.

"You want anything?" Fangs asked me.

"Just a Sprite," I told him.

He ordered a Sprite for me and a Coke for him. We were served about two minutes later.

"No alcohol or anything?" I asked.

He shook his head "I'm considered the 'goody two shoes' of the Serpents."

"Does it bother you?" I asked.

"It used too" he replied, "but it doesn't know."

It was silent between us, and loud music rang in my ears.

"So Betty" Fangs started "weren't you the girl who got into a fight with Veronica Lodge in the cafeteria?"

I nodded. I had hoped no one remembered that day.

"You look a lot different now," Fangs told me.

"I'm just experimenting with different styles" I replied, "do you think the change is good or bad?"

Fangs narrowed his eyebrows "good. No offense but the ponytail gets a little bland after a while."

I smiled "none taken."

I looked at the pool table to see Jughead there, only he was playing a tall Serpent who looked around his age with a tattoo on his neck.

Fangs nudged my elbow "eyeing Jughead Jones?"

I felt my cheeks turn pink "what? N-no."

Fangs grinned "Jughead's more of the lone wolf of the Serpents. It's kinda weird because his Dad is the leader of the Serpents and he's pretty social."

I looked at Jughead again. He looked so concentrated on the game. His eyebrows were narrowed, his lips were pursed, and he gripped the pool stick so hard that I thought he might break it.

I turned toward Fangs again "why are you being so nice to me? I thought you hated Northsiders."

"Not all of them" he replied "and Toni said you were her friend, so I knew you couldn't have been that bad."

Before I could reply the lights started flickering.

Mumbles began while they continued flickering until eventually, it was pitch black.

Then, the screaming began.

I didn't know where Fangs, Toni, or Jughead was because it was pitch black. But then the lights to the stage came on and someone was standing there.

A tall man who looked around eighteen or older stood there, his face looked painted and he held a bat.

"You really think you could've gotten rid of us that easy, Serpents?!" The man spat.

Whispers began in the crowd, and I stood. Froze in place.

"In case any of you are new here...." The man said, swinging his bad "I'm Malachai. And these are my Ghoulies."

The lights went off again, and then they came on.

People in the crowd were grabbing Southsiders, some just holding them tightly and others putting their knives to either their cheeks or their necks.

All I could hear was screaming. 

HEHEHEHE CLIFFHANGERRRRR