||CHAPTER 31||

When I woke up, my leg was still throbbing

I opened my eyes, and I saw in a hospital room.

Slowly, I started remembering the past events. I escaped, I found Jughead, we almost died, I fell unconscious.

"Elizabeth?" My Mom said. She had dark circles under her eyes and her eyes were red and puffy.

"M-mom?" I choked out.

"Baby," she said, crying "my baby, oh my god. You're okay. You're okay."

She grabbed my hand, I could tell she wanted to do more, but I knew she probably didn't want to hurt me.

"I was so scared," she told me, still crying, "I thought you were dead when you were kidnapped I thought you were dead, just like Jason Blossom. But you're okay now, we don't know that much information about your leg, but hopefully, it will be okay too."

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's eight thirty at night" Mom replied, "you've been out for two days."

"Two days" I repeated "wow."

"I know" she replied "Veronica, Archie, and Cheryl are here, waiting for you. I told Polly, Chic, and your father to go home, but those three stayed. Do you feel like seeing them?"

I nodded "yeah, I can see them."

Mom sent a nurse, and before I knew it the three of them were standing before me.

"B!" Veronica exclaimed, in tears. She then gave me a bone crushing hug that was interupped by my Mom.

"I'll leave you three alone," Mom said, leaving.

"How are you feeling?" Archie asked.

"Like shit" I replied. They all laughed.

Veronica checked her phone, then looked at me "I have to go, but I'll come back tomorrow."

"I can drive you" Archie offered

"Okay" Veronica replied, "love you, B. Get better soon."

"Love you too, V" I replied, "and thanks."

Archie said goodbye too, and he and Veronica left.

I turned toward Cheryl "your bow and arrow were so badass."

She smiled "you saw?"

I nodded "are we technically friends now?"

"Only if you want to be" Cheryl replied.

"Of course I do. But do you want to be?" I asked.

"Of course I do," she said, and I laughed.

There was a moment of silence, and there was a question burning in the back of my throat.