||CHAPTER 30||

🦋BETTY'S POV🦋

🦋BETTY'S POV🦋

I had lost all track of time.

Had it been days, weeks, months, years since I've been here?

I was no longer tied up. I was on the floor while scars covered almost every inch of my body.

They told me they were going to kill me if Jughead didn't come, and since he didn't love me I knew that I was going to die soon.

But I knew that I couldn't let that happen.

Though I was weak with blood loss, I knew I had to try and get out of here.

No one was around, and I knew that maybe I had a chance of escaping.

Using the wall for support, I tried standing up. My legs instantly gave out since I haven't walked properly in hours.

I groaned, and then tried standing up again. 

I evenually walked without using the wall for support, and I tried the door.

Locked.

I got out a poppy pin in my hair and used it as a key. It worked.

After reading millions of Nancy Drew books as a kid, I had learned a few tricks.

Before going outside I grabbed a knife that was left in the room from the man in the black hood. 

I hid it behind my back as I walked outside. But no one was there.

I knew I was inside what used to be called South Side High since it was soon going to be a jail.

I saw someone not too far ahead of me, and I clutched the knife behind me.

It was a male back, and they looked like they were looking out a window.

I stuck the knife in their back, and he let out a cry as he fell to the ground.

"Hey!" I heard a voice yell, and I saw the man in the black hood.

I started running.

I ran and ran until I got outside. I just had to get away from him, then I would be free.

I felt a pain in my leg, and I screamed as I fell to the ground.

I looked to see my leg was now bleeding, and I knew that he had shot me.

But I wasn't going to let that stop me.

I got up, even though my leg was screaming with pain and continued to run.

I wasn't sure how far the man in the black hood was from me, but I hid behind a tree.

Then, I saw a shadow not too far from me.

I looked closer at the figure from behind the trees, and I recognized him.

Jughead.

He was walking toward the high school, he was going to turn himself in.

For me.

"Jughead!" I cried, and he turned in my direction.

He looked in my direction, and I noticed how his eyes were red and his skin was paler then it used to be.

"Betty?" He called.

I nodded, and he ran toward me. He touched my shoulders and the scars on my face.

"Juliet" he spoke, and tears were in his eyes "Juliet."

"Were you really going to let them kill you?" I asked, quietly "for me?"

He nodded "I was."

There was so much more I wanted to say, so much more I wanted to do.

But grabbed onto his shoulder for support as I felt myself losing consciousness.

"Were you shot?" He asked.

I nodded "t-they're looking for me."

The sound of another gunshot was heard and Jughead turned to me "get on my back, and we're getting out of here."

I did as he said, and though I had no idea where we were going, Jughead ran with me on his back.

I hoped he was taking me to a hospital because my leg was throbbing with more and more pain.

I closed my eyes and buried my face into the crook of his neck while I held onto him. I was tired, I wanted to sleep.

"You can't sleep!" A voice in my head screamed, "stay awake!"

I opened my eyes and looked up, we were still running.

The man in the black hood appeared in front of us, and I screamed.

Jughead turned around, and another one was there.

He turned the to left, and there was another one.

Right, and there was one more.

The surrounded us, and I jumped off of his back as Jughead tried to shield me from all of them.

"You thought you had outrun us" the man the black hood north of us spat "but we're not idiots, we're smarter than you think."

I rested my head against Jughead's shoulder as I grabbed his arm for support, the pain was only increasing.

"So this is how your story ends," he said, taking out a gun "Romeo and Juliet try to run away from the chaos around them, but in the end; they just die."

He aimed the gun at the both of us, and I closed my eyes.

"The end" I heard him say.

But the pain from before was still there.

I opened my eyes and saw Cheryl with a bow and arrow with Toni, Fangs, and other Serpents behind her.

One of the black hood's were down. He had an arrow in his shoulder.

"Step away from them or you're next" Cheryl snapped.

The other Serpents grabbed hold of the other black hoods standing, ripping off their hoods.

I didn't recognize any of them, they were all old white men. I assumed they were Serpents.

Suddenly, my legs gave out.

I was falling, but then I felt someone catch me.

I was lying down on something soft, and though my vision was blurry I could see that someone was looking down on me.

I heard voices, but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

Someone kissed my forehead and mumbled words in my ear, and then all I saw was darkness.