||CHAPTER 23||

Cheryl led us to outside of the Girls locker room "you can try and convince her to come out, but just a fair warning it might now work

Cheryl led us to outside of the Girls locker room "you can try and convince her to come out, but just a fair warning it might now work."

"You wanna try?" Toni asked me.

I stepped up and knocked on the door "Juliet? Are you in there?"

There was silence, and then I heard; "Juggie?"

"Yeah, it's me," I said "can you come out? I want to see if you're okay."

"I-I can't," she said "can you come in? Alone?"

"Okay," I said. I turned to Cheryl and Toni "I'll be right back."

"Just don't touch anything in the lockers," Cheryl said, "those are the Vixens things."

I nodded and then asked Betty to open the door since it was locked.

She opened slightly, I could tell she didn't want anyone to see her. 

I walked in, and she closed it as soon as I stepped foot in.

I looked down at her, tears and mascara smeared her face.

I brushed my finger along her cheek "Juliet.."

"Someone found out," she told me "I keep trying to figure out who it is, but I-I don't know."

"Hey, I don't either," I said, "but we're going to find out."

"Are we?" Betty asked "I mean who the hell even uses pigs blood? Unless....what if it was Jason's murderer? What if it was his blood?"

I pulled her close to me "you're overreacting, I doubt a murderer would trash a high school girl's locker just because she was having a secret realtionship with a Serpent."

Betty pulled away from me "you don't know that."

She was right.

I didn't know that.

But I knew damn well that Betty Cooper wasn't a slut.

"Juliet, you know you're not what that person wrote, right?" I asked.

Betty didn't look me in the eyes "what if I am?"

I grabbed her chin and pulled her face next to mine. "Listen to me, you're Betty Cooper. You're the girl who solves mysteries and is kind to everyone. You're the girl who puts up with my bullshit and deals with your own well. You aren't a slut okay? You're the girl who everyone should look up too. Yes, you've made a few dumb mistakes, but don't we all make those?"

It was silent, and Betty wrapped her arms around me. Sobbing into my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her in return, kissing her temple.

After her sobs calmed down, she looked up at me. 

"Thank you, Juggie," Betty told me. 

"It was nothing" I replied, "after all, I was just telling the truth."