Ch.19 The heart wants what it wants

Fan art artist: cuj

The next day, Marinette went to school smiling. She still couldn't believe what had happened the previous night. He had accepted her confession. As Marinette. He loved her as Marinette, not just as Ladybug. He loved her completely. All of her. It made her wonder though, she loved him as Cat Noir, but what was he like without the mask? Was he still the flirty pun-making Cat she knew him to be? Or was there another side to Cat Noir she had her to discover? She was so lost in thought she wasn't looking where she was going and walked right into someone. She was about to fall when a pair of arms caught. She looked up and saw she ran right into Adrien!

Her heart quickened a bit, but nearly as much as it used to.

"Oh! Hey Marinette!" He said.

"Oh, hey Adrien! Sorry I wasn't looking where I was going!" Marinette said.

"It's alright, I was a bit lost in thought myself," Adrien said

Adrien looked at Marinette. Her beautiful eyes were staring at him. He noticed a strand of hair that was in her face and stroked it behind her ears. Marinette's eyes widened and a blush appeared on her face. Adrien realized that right now he wasn't Cat Noir right now, he was Adrien Agreste. He froze and back up.

"I'll uh, see you in class," Adrien said, then left a shocked Marinette.

Adrien went into the boy's bathroom and plagg popped out laughing.

"Well, looks like you got yourself into a sticky situation," Plagg said.

"It's not funny, I can't act like Cat Noir with her when I'm Adrien Agreste, but she's so..." Adrien cut off and sighed.

"Well, looks like you got your hands full, but you right now you need to get to class, while I relax in your bag,"

Adrien gave plagg an annoyed look before plagg flew into his bag and he ran to class.

Marinette was stunned. Adrien just stroked a piece of hair, and looked at her with... love? Adoration? What was going on? Marinette shook her head. SHe had Cat Noir now. Marinette was walking to class when she banged into someone else. She looked up and this time it was Alya.

"Wow, you really are out of it today girl, aren't you?" She asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah," Marinette said.

"So, Marinette what happened over there?" Alya asked.

"What do you mean?" Marinette asked.

"C'mon, don't play dumb, I saw everything that just happened over there. It seemed you and Adrien were having a special moment," She teased.

"C'mon Alya nothing happened," Marinette said.

"Uh huh, uh huh, Adrien just casually reached out and tucked a locket of your hair behind your ear while looking at you with love in his eyes, yeah that totally didn't happen," Alya teased.

"uh, we're going to be late for class! We need to get going!" Marinette said.

"Fine, but we're going to talk about this later," Alya said.

When they sat down, Marinette looked at Adrien who was sitting in front of him. Why did he do that? Why now? When everything was going so well with her and Cat Noir? Marinette sighed and tried to focus on her work, but it was near impossible. Lunch came around and Marinette went to the bathroom to try and clear her mind. she opened her purse to let tikki fly out when she was surprised to see two kwamis fly out,

"Plagg! Nice to see you again," Marinette said.

"Good to see you too Mari, I see things went quite well with you and Cat Noir," Plagg said,