April 1991

Just like that I'm crawling back to you

Just like you said I would yeah

Swallow my pride now I'm crawling back to you

I'm out of my head can't wait any longer

I'm down on my knees I thought I was stronger

Just like that just like you said I'd do

Yeah I'm crawling back to you

-Crawling Back To You (Daughtry)

____________________________________________________________

I passed by Jonathan quickly as the final bell rang. Another month had gone by, and I had been following my father's advice. I hadn't been pushing Jonathan to tell me anything. In fact, I had hardly been talking to him at all. And it was killing me.

"Amber, wait!" Jonathan called. I paused, but I didn't stop for long. I kept walking. I made it half a mile before Jonathan called to me again.

"Stop!"

I froze. Jonathan's voice had stopped me. It wasn't just a shout. It sounded like a growl.

"What?" I asked quietly. He reached me quickly due to his long legs.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

"You always seem upset when I'm around, so I thought-"

"You thought it would be better to make me feel terrible, right?"

"No! That's not what I meant to do!" I looked Jonathan in the eyes. They were cold as ice. He was trying to make me feel guilty. He was trying to manipulate me. I think he was, at least.

"What did you try to do then?" he asked.

"I wanted to give you some space to figure things out. I felt that it would be easier for you if you had time to think things over without me bothering you."

The words 'or making you angry' were left unsaid.

"Well, then you'll be happy to know that I've figured things out. I've missed you, Amber. I miss talking to you. You're the only one in this hell worth my time," Jonathan said. Though the words sounded sincere, his tone still seemed dark. He still seemed upset.

"I'm sorry, Jonathan. I really am. It killed me not talking to you," I admitted.

"You're forgiven."

I didn't feel forgiven.

"Take me home then?" I asked.

"I suppose."

________________________________________________________

A/N: So...I'm an idiot. I thought I published this chapter last week, but apparently I didn't. Super short chapter, but I feel it is an important one. Sorry again for the delay!