one

What were children doing until they reached the age of eleven? Children capable of magic went to Hogwarts once they turned eleven, but what was there to do beforehand? Would they learn what Muggles learnt - having nap times and eating all day? Or ...

What were children doing until they reached the age of eleven? Children capable of magic went to Hogwarts once they turned eleven, but what was there to do beforehand? Would they learn what Muggles learnt - having nap times and eating all day? Or would they be taught basic etiquette like proper people?

However, Hogwarts was simply a school for learning about spells and creatures. Most students didn't know how to be street smart, as Muggles said. So, they were home-schooled for the time being. But, each parent taught differently. When the first years walk onto Hogwarts' grounds, they each understood things at different levels.

Once Poppy Papillon, a charming Veela, graduated from Hogwarts after her eighth year, she teamed up with Hermione Granger, a studious overachiever who could convince anyone of anything, to set up the Wizarding World's first ever primary school.

It was a long process that had Poppy crying every night she got home. She was planning on obviously becoming one of the future primary school's teachers, but for now, she had to work at a bookshop in Diagon Alley.

"Oh - hello, Hermione, are you here to purchase a book or to drop off more documents?" Poppy asked wistfully as she gift-wrapped a book for a customer.

"Both, but I'm positive that the school will start getting built by the time March comes 'round, then it'll be open when September rolls into the corner," Hermione explained.

Poppy squealed, surprising the customer. She handed the customer the book, rang up the order, and said, "That'll be four sickles, ma'am."

The kind lady gave Poppy the money, then left the store with the book clutched to her chest.

"And do you really think the Ministry will approve by March? It's already December, Hermione!" Poppy exclaimed with wide eyes as she followed Hermione around the store.

Hermione was looking for a new book to read, but it seemed like she almost read every book in the store. She waved her hand.

"Pish posh, Poppy. In dear time."

"Merlin, you sound like a mother," Poppy grumbled, then she gasped. "Don't tell me you're - "

"No!" Hermione shrieked. "As if I would let Ron do that to me when we've only been dating for a year."

"Sometimes I forget we're only nineteen," Poppy whispered. "You're too smart for your own good, Hermione. Look at you, rising up the steps in the Ministry. You'll become the minister in no time."

"There really should be a female counterpart to the word minister."

"Well, that'll be the first thing you change."