twelve

The trio arrived at Harry's flat

The trio arrived at Harry's flat. Teddy immediately ran up to his room, gathering his toys to show Poppy. Then, he ran back to Poppy and excitedly showed her his toys.

Harry sent his god-son a pleading look and picked him up, taking him to the kitchen cupboard and letting him grab whatever candies he wanted. That was Harry's trick for making Teddy quiet down.

"Harry, are you sure giving him candy is the best choice?" Poppy asked as she followed them into the kitchen. "That can't be good for his health!"

Harry shrugged sheepishly. "I've never found a better way to quiet him down. He actually gets tired after consuming sugar."

She sighed, eyes narrowed at Harry as she planted her hands onto her hips. She gently took Teddy from Harry's arms.

"Teddy, eating all that sugar isn't good for your health. Don't you want to have nice teeth? Or would you rather have teeth like Crabbe?"

There was no doubt Teddy remembered Crabbe from his field trip to the Ministry. He shook his head rapidly.

"That's right. That's why you should limit yourself and make sure you brush your teeth. Now, no sugar today, all right?" she asked.

Teddy pouted. "Will I get a reward?"

"What do you have in mind, sweetheart?"

"A kiss."

Harry's mouth gaped open. "Teddy, you can't just ask for that!"

"It's all right, Harry," Poppy reassured.

She leaned in to give Teddy a kiss on the cheek, but he turned swiftly, causing Poppy to give him a peck on the lips instead. She immediately coiled back with wide eyes and stared at Teddy who had a grin and Harry who had a horrified expression on his face.

All hell broke loose. Harry took Teddy away and began lecturing him while all Poppy could say was "Edward Lupin, you cannot do that to anyone!"

Harry and Poppy were downright exhausted by the time they got Teddy to take a nap upstairs in his room. They sat on the couch together, legs pressed up against each other.

"He's very excited you're here," said Harry. "Thank you for being there for him."

Poppy smiled, resting her hand on Harry's thigh. "Of course. I love Teddy."

"I'm glad you do. He has his grandmother, Draco, and I, but it's not much of a mother figure. You're the closest person he's got."

"Well, that makes me very happy," she replied.

"Can I kiss you?" Harry blurted out, immediately blushing afterward.

Poppy smiled and leaned forward, pressing her lips against his. Harry's hand moved to the small of her back, politely resting it there. Poppy leaned back, looking at Harry before chuckling. Harry looked dazed.

"We can do it again if you'd like," she said.

Immediately, Harry leaned forward to kiss her. Steps bounded down the stairs, pulling the two adults apart from each other.

"Uncle Harry, Miss Flower, I'm hungry!"