nine

Poppy soon found herself standing outside Harry's door at St

Poppy soon found herself standing outside Harry's door at St. Mungo's with a picnic basket in one hand. Because he was the War Hero, only certain people were allowed to visit him, but Harry had especially asked for a Poppy Papillon.

She took in a deep breath and knocked gently on the door. To be quite honest, she wasn't sure if he was awake or unconscious, but she heard a quiet come in.

She took in another breath and walked in, closing the door behind her. She smiled gently as she looked at Harry on the bed.

"Hello, Harry," she greeted. "Are you hungry?"

He was grateful she didn't ask if he was okay. How could he be? He had just had a run-in with four Dark Wizards alone in a mission after splitting up with Draco.

"Starving," Harry replied, grinning as she pulled out pumpkin tarts, garlic bread, custard, and somehow, a roasted chicken.

Even with knowing the fact that magic existed, he wondered how she fit a whole chicken in there with all the other dishes. Harry was quite stupid, for she simply cast an Extension Charm beforehand.

"I've heard hospital food can be quite boring," Poppy stated.

"Godric, it is, and I've only been here for a day."

She smiled at it as she handed him a pumpkin tart. Harry took it eagerly like a child.

"Sometimes, you remind me of Teddy. Child-like, cute, hungry." She chuckled at the end of her sentence. "He's always eating, that boy. Now that I think about it, he's quite similar to Ron as well."

"He loves you," Harry mumbled through a mouthful of food. He swallowed it. "I appreciate you taking care of him - and me as well, I suppose."

She shook her head. "Nonsense, Harry. It's literally my job to take care of him. And taking care of you is just because I feel like it. Now, you must be hungry. I'll leave you to it."

She got up from her seat, but Harry stopped her by snatching her wrist. She looked down at her wrist before looking into Harry's eyes.

"Stay. I need the company."

"Are you sure?" she asked

He nodded. "I've never been more sure of anything in my life before."

She sat back down, cheeks flushed as she looked at the floor. Harry, realizing the implications of what he said, cleared his throat.

"Uh - how's the weather outside?" he asked.

"Oh - it's nice," she replied.

The rest of her time with Harry was spent with Harry eating and the two having awkward conversations.