eleven

Harry had been let out of St

Harry had been let out of St. Mungo's after four days there. His injuries weren't too bad and he was used to jumping back to his feet after an adventure. For once, he was on time to pick Teddy up.

"Harry, what a surprise. I was expecting either Malfoy to pick him up on time or you to be late," Poppy commented, impressed.

He breathlessly chuckled. "I thought it's time I start sorting out my priorities."

She smiled at that. "Is that so?"

"Uncle Harry!" Teddy exclaimed. "You're actually here!"

Harry sighed defeatedly, his shoulders sagging. "Yes, Teddy, I am this time."

Teddy packed up his things and ran over to Harry, hugging his legs before moving onto Poppy's legs and smothering his face into them. She giggled at his behavior.

"Can Miss Flower come home with us today?" Teddy hopefully asked.

"Oh - Teddy, I'm sure she has someone waiting for her at home," Harry said, causing Teddy to frown.

"Actually, I don't," Poppy said.

"Oh - " Harry coughed. "Really?"

She nodded. "I don't live with my parents and I've no boyfriend waiting for me. I don't really have a pet, honestly."

"So, she can come with us?" Teddy asked, eyes bright and wide.

"Only if Harry is okay with it," Poppy said, looking up at Harry.

"Um - yes, it's no problem," he answered.

Teddy cheered excitedly. "Miss Flower, I'm going to show you all the toys I have at Uncle Harry's house!"

"Now, Teddy, don't get too excited or Miss Flower will be overwhelmed," Harry warned.

"It's all right," Poppy reassured, narrowing her eyes at Harry. "I'm a tough girl. I can handle these sorts of things." Then, she raised an eyebrow. "Can't you, Harry the War Hero?"

Harry rolled his eyes. "I can handle almost anything, Miss Flower. You'd be surprised."

"I'd definitely be surprised if Harry Potter could actually handle something without Hermione Granger," she retorted.

Teddy looked between the two adults, confused. "Can we go now?" he asked.