eight

It had been two days since the field trip

It had been two days since the field trip. The kids still couldn't stop talking about it. It didn't matter if they were Muggle-born or not. They each had aspects of the Ministry that they liked. Most of the girls loved Hermione, who was on her way up the pyramid at the Ministry.

"Settle down, children. I won't let you out for lunch until we finish our lesson," Poppy said.

They righted themselves, then turned to the front of the board. Poppy sighed with a smile on her face and turned back to the board, wrapping up the lesson.

Poppy was clapping the chalkboard clean after their final lesson of the day. As usual, Teddy was the last one in the room. He wasn't angry or anything. He enjoyed being able to spend more time with Poppy.

Teddy was drawing on a piece of paper again with his tongue sticking out. Poppy turned around and narrowed her eyes at Teddy before looking at the clock behind him.

"Honestly," she muttered.

Rapid knocking startled both Poppy and Teddy. Teddy's hair turned red and purple for a second before it turned blue. Poppy knew that color very well.

"Teddy, what's wrong?"

He pouted. "The crayon went across the paper."

She frowned for him and walked over to him to pat him on the head before shouting, "Come in!"

Draco walked into the room, surprising Poppy. She coughed to clear her throat before greeting him with a polite smile on her face.

"Hello, Mr. Malfoy. Come to pick up Teddy?"

Draco nodded.

"Haven't seen you in a while. Harry's been picking Teddy up lately," she commented.

Draco coughed. "Yes, he's been - um - He's at St. Mungo's right now."

"St..." She peered at Teddy. "Teddy, come on now, pack up your things. Your uncle's here."

Teddy pouted and looked at Draco. "I don't like Dragon."

"Well, that's not very nice. Come on now, your uncle has things to do. I'm sure," Poppy ushered.

Teddy frowned, but listened to her. He packed up his belongings and trudged his way to Draco. Draco gently enveloped the top of Teddy's head with his hand.

"Come on, pipsqueak."

Teddy growled. "I'm not a pipsqueak. You're a pipsqueak."

The pair turned around to leave, but Poppy stopped them.

"Is Harry..."

"You can visit him," Draco said. "He's been asking for you."