thirteen

Poppy decided to cook for Harry and Teddy

Poppy decided to cook for Harry and Teddy. She always enjoyed cooking, so she decided it was no hassle. Teddy was sitting at the kitchen table with crayons, paper, and toys on the table. He paid no attention to Poppy cooking or Harry watching Poppy from afar.

She hummed a tune to herself as she chopped onions and carrots. She was doing it manually, thinking it seemed like a fun idea. Harry couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. It wasn't his first kiss, but he enjoyed it more. Poppy, feeling eyes on her back, stopped cooking and turned around. She looked at harry, quriking an eyebrow. He straightened up and cleared his throat, suddenly finding Teddy interesting.

"Hey, Ted, what you doing there?"

Teddy looked up. "I'm drawing these trucks."

Harry nodded. "Very cool."

Teddy resumed drawing. Poppy giggled, choosing to use magic to cut the vegetables. She winked at Harry.

"Do you need something?" she asked.

His cheeks flushed. "No. Sorry, you're just - "

"Yes, Harry?"

He glanced at Teddy, then walked over to Poppy, standing next to her. "You're just gorgeous."

"Oh. Well, that would be the Veela charm."

He shook his head, resting his hand on her hand. "You're gorgeous. Your heart is gorgeous. I like being around you."

She softly smiled, glancing back to Teddy. He wasn't paying attention to them. She leaned forward and quickly kissed Harry on the cheek. "Thank you. It means a lot."

"Can we take this a step further?" Harry asked. "I - I'd like to go on that date."

She chuckled, nodding. "I'd like that too, Harry, but first, we should make dinner. Wanna help?"

Harry nodded. "Sorry, you have to be doing this."

"Harry, I don't have to do anything. I want to cook dinner for you and Teddy. I love Teddy and - "

She stopped, clearing her throat and turning around from Harry. Harry followed after her, standing behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist. Poppy drew in a quick breath. Her heart rate quickened.

"What were you about to say?" he asked.

"Harry - "

"Please. I'd like to know."

Her cheeks flushed. She was sure she was completely pink in the face. "I love Teddy and you," she whispered.

Harry smiled, leaning forward to kiss her shoulder. "I love Teddy and you too."

She smiled.

"Uncle Harry, Miss Flower, when is dinner going to be served? I'm hungry," said Teddy.

Harry chuckled. "Patience, Teddy, Miss Flower is doing her best."