21

Avery's POV

Let's just say that was the worst car trip EVERRRR!!!

The second I stepped in the car I felt the tension between the three of us. Even though Ryan and Cameron were talking as if everything was normal, the awkwardness surrounding us was as clear as crystal. So, obviously I came up with a WONDERFUL plan to get rid of this deathly silence.

I was going to pull a prank on the brothers.

As we drove away from the house, Cameron decided to connect his phone to the Bluetooth in the car. However, what he didn't realise was that it was actually MY phone that was already connected. As soon as he was distracted, I maximised the volume on my phone and suddenly we all heard-

"IM A BARBIE GIRL, IN A BARBIE WORLD"

Ryan let go of the wheel to cover his ears from the deafening noise whilst I was chocking on my laughter. Meanwhile Cameron, who had turned tomato red turned to us quickly and started splurging out utter nonsense.

"GUYS I SWEAR I DON'T LISTEN TO THIS, IT'S NOT MY SONG. WHY THE HELL WOULD I HAVE BARBIE ON MY PLAYLIST. PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE!!!!"

His voice cracked towards the end which sent me on an even bigger laughing fit. For a second I wondered whether he actually does have the song on his playlist? Otherwise, why would he be sat there with tears in his eyes almost crying.

Cameron scrambled to grab his phone and turn off his Bluetooth but when he did he realised his phone wasn't even connected to the damn car. While the terrible song was still playing at full volume in the car, Cam slowly turned his head towards me and gave me the deadliest glare I've ever seen. My eyes widened and I pouted to try and look innocent.

He clearly wasn't having any of it as he quickly took off his seatbelt and pounced towards me.

"AVERY THAT WASN'T FUNNY!!!!!!!" He screamed at me.

"AHHHHH GO AWAY IT WAS A PRANKKK!!" I screamed back.

In the midst of out cat fight, Ryan was struggling to control the car as Cameron's legs were smacking his face every two seconds. He was shouting at us to stop being stupid but neither of us were listening. Suddenly, the car swerved to the side and we pulled over. Cameron's gigantic body fell on top of mine and I felt the air leave my body instantly. I quickly pushed him off me and he rolled onto the car floor with a massive thud. For a moment it was dead silent.

The door behind my head opened and I looked up to see a stone-cold looking Ryan. He looked into my soul with his penetrating eyes and my heart skipped a beat. Damn these cursed feelings. Without saying a word he grabbed my body (which was lying flat on the car seats at the back) and lifted me gently out of the car.

Cameron pushed himself out of the car and we all stood silently, which was even more awkward than before. Cam was glaring at me, I was glaring at him, and Ryan was eyeing us both. He found a random large rock to sit on, and waved his arms at us to continue our bickering. We looked at each other again and back at Ryan.

"Well if you two idiots aren't going to argue anymore can we go?" Ryan said with an irritated tone.

I rolled my eyes and got back into the car, not without 'accidentally' stepping on Cameron's foot. He cursed at me under his breath but we still got into the car without any complaints. I smirked at his back in the car. He glared at me through the side mirror and my phone dinged at the sudden text message. My eyes narrowed at what it said.

You haven't won yet ~ Cam

-------------------------

We finally arrived at the campsite two hours later, with me having to endure Cams awful playlist and Ryan not saying a single word. I jumped out of the car and breathed the fresh air. The rest of the family had already arrived and were setting up the tents. Brandon saw me from a distance and called out my name in his cute little voice. He ran into my arms and I embraced him tightly. Raymond called me over and walked to where he was stood.