06

There was a distinct stillness to the woodland surrounding her, Alassëa could freely admit to that. With a frown she climbed down the tree she had promptly climbed up for the sake of some berries. Her boots landed with a quiet thud which seemed to die as soon as it echoed into the air. No sounds seemed to ring out. It was rather daunting. Walking over to another tree she hunkered down amongst its roots. Picking at some fallen leaves she folded the sturdy foliage and begun weaving them together. She needed to carry her finds in something.

Looking up she whistled, even this sound seemed to die in the air. "Finished?" She asked while watching as Bard turned and walked over to her. He had been looking to where he had left her, of course only to discover she had moved. It seemed she was incapable of staying put.

"For now, perhaps." He replied while crouching down and watching her work.

"For now," she repeated with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. She looked to him, "Meaning no. You wish to travel further on, yes?"

Bard smirked and tilted his head to the side while readjusting his grip on his bow which he had partially dug into the ground. "You sound so opposed to that."

"Oh, on the contrary." She said lightly while standing up and brushing herself down. She gestured a hand ahead of her. "By all means, lead on." He stood slowly and gave a nod, turning on his heels, he led her away from her current seat and further on into the woodland. Alassëa looked around, "Is it strange to not feel content here?" She frowned over the oddness of her question.

Bard looked to her and then around them at the darkened trees. "Granted, it is not the best stretch of wood, but it's all we have."

"No, no, I do not mean it like that." Alassëa shook her head and looked to him. "I have the best of both worlds, in a way. One foot in each. Then why do I not feel at peace within the trees?"

"That I cannot answer," Bard said heavily, he didn't exactly like the expression she was sending his way. He didn't have the answers to questions like that. Only her memory did, and that was coming back in small doses. Though thankful they both were that it was returning at all.

Alassëa let out a sudden irritated noise and clamped her hands against her temples. Thinking something was wrong he stood in front of her and placed his hands on her shoulders. "This is infuriating!" She exclaimed and looked at him strangely. "What is it?"

"I thought you were in pain," Bard explained while stepping back from her.

Alassëa's expression turned to one of peace, she smiled and patted him on the arm. "I thank you for your concern. I am fine, as fine as I can be. Just a little irritated. Come on," she stepped around him and continued on her way. "Don't we have more food to hunt down?"

"What's this 'we?'" He asked while quickly walking to catch up with her.

Alassëa looked up at him with a smile. "I'm hunting down extra flavour and pudding."

"Extra flavour and pudding," he nodded surely while letting out a quiet laugh. "Sure, if that is the case, you are right." He looked from her to the rough path they were walking down. It was more or less covered by the surrounding foliage. Travellers rarely used it, rather travellers stuck to the waters. Things lurked in these trees, travelling through could warrant danger. "We do have more food to hunt down." Alassëa grinned and gave a firm nod over his words while continuing to walk beside him in silence.

"Is it always this quiet though?" The silence didn't last long. Seemingly something else she was incapable of, walking in silence, or being subjected to it.

"No, well, sometimes." Bard said with a shrug. "The seasons are changing. Many animals have sought out shelter for winter." He explained, she let out a quiet noise and nodded in understanding.